Post-Game Talk: {AHL} Utica Comets 3 - 5 Laval Rocket: Big Comeback Win!

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Didn't see the game but glad to see that McNiven only gave up 2 goals. After starting out the year 1-4, he's gone 8-4-2 and unlike Lindgren he's been keeping his gaa down with just 4 games where he's given up more then 2 goals in a game and just 7 goals against in his last 5 games. It's going to be very interesting to see how he can progress or not next year if finally given the full time starters job.

AlexGretzchenvid

Jan 19, 2013
Well.. Atleast we have good propsects coming dowm the pipeline after the last couple drafts.. Because I lool at that lineup and want to puke.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
Only prospect worth watching personally is Fleury... You have to be pretty bored to watch that crappy team... Evans is decent but I just cant picture him in the Habs line-up since he doesnt have top 6 upside while too small for my taste for a bottom lines role...

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Alzner-Lernout seems like a weird pairing. How are they doing together?

they play well defensively, I'm not sure why the switch as Alzner was with Fleury most of the time and seemed a good mentor as Fleury needs someone to help with his defensive game.

Only prospect worth watching personally is Fleury... You have to be pretty bored to watch that crappy team... Evans is decent but I just cant picture him in the Habs line-up since he doesnt have top 6 upside while too small for my taste for a bottom lines role...

I like watching McNiven, he's taken a major step forward from last year where imo he sat too long in between starts and struggled badly. But Laval even without scorers are good to watch, they are usually the best team on the ice but can't score most of the time as there aren't any goal scorers on the team.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
they play well defensively, I'm not sure why the switch as Alzner was with Fleury most of the time and seemed a good mentor as Fleury needs someone to help with his defensive game.

I like watching McNiven, he's taken a major step forward from last year where imo he sat too long in between starts and struggled badly. But Laval even without scorers are good to watch, they are usually the best team on the ice but can't score most of the time as there aren't any goal scorers on the team.
They are playing the right way, but lack talended fowards...

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
They are playing the right way, but lack talended fowards...

That's what is lacking. Some top end talent. Some game breakers. This should be coming with the next wave of rookies as more skilled players are on their way.

Unless they crack the Habs line-up out of camp, Laval will have options like Suzuki, Brook, and Poehling (if he signs). Also Teasdale, who isn't at the skill level as the other three, he'd be a good addition for the Rocket.

And who knows if they bring in any undrafted player who can help boost that offense.

Reactions: AlexGretzchenvid

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I'm not home and wasn't able to do this in time. But I turned the game thread from last night into a GDT for tonight's game against Utica.

Score is 1-1, but Laval is playing another real solid game. A team packed with kids, their work ethic is really impressive. All that's missing is some top end talent, which I feel will be coming with the next wave of prospects.

Fleury had Laval's goal so far. A real nice wrist shot from the blue line to the top corner on the PP. Vejdemo with the assist and Pezzetta placed in front of the net creating the screen. It was Fleury's 6th of the season.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I'm not home and wasn't able to do this in time. But I turned the game thread from last night into a GDT for tonight's game against Utica.

Score is 1-1, but Laval is playing another real solid game. A team packed with kids, their work ethic is really impressive. All that's missing is some top end talent, which I feel will be coming with the next wave of prospects.

Fleury had Laval's goal so far. A real nice wrist shot from the blue line to the top corner on the PP. Vejdemo with the assist and Pezzetta placed in front of the net creating the screen. It was Fleury's 6th of the season.
Always good to hear that they are working hard. Fleury is an intriguing prospect for sure. I am glad he is in the AHL and not being rushed

Reactions: Adam Michaels

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Always good to hear that they are working hard. Fleury is an intriguing prospect for sure. I am glad he is in the AHL and not being rushed

Exactly. While everyone's attention is on more high profile prospects like Brook and Romanov, as well as Mete and Juulsen, Fleury will quietly develop and before most realize it, he may end up being a solid player for the Habs.

Reactions: Tyson

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
that 3rd goal was just terrible to give up, can't really fault Lindgren on the 1st 2 but man has he struggled since coming back from injury.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
And another PP goal for Laval. Alain makes it 3-1 as he jumps on the rebound from a Cale Fleury shot.

Alan's 8th of the season.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Laval takes the lead! Joe Cox scores his first career AHL goal.

Grenier and Evans with the assists. Grenier with a goal and an assist. Evans with 2 assists.

A little over 3 minutes left in the game.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Nice character win. Bouchard has these youngsters pushing hard.
Vejdemo, Fleury and Evans are the main reasons I am following them

Reactions: Adam Michaels

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad