AHL.TV pricing for 2021 season

axecrew

Feb 6, 2007
A bunch of teams including Chicago are making this available to season ticket holders free

axecrew

Feb 6, 2007
Seems like a very cheap way to retain STH counts for future years. Just about the cost of a fan pack of merch.

Not at all...for all of their faults and they have some basic ones in my opinion. The Wolves have done stuff like this for their season ticket holders many times throughout the 20+ years I've been one. How many owners do you know that during a game where there was a bunch of snow come down before or during the game has made the announcement that everyone in the arena as a thank you for braving the weather can redeem their ticket stub for another game of their choice free of charge? This has been done multiple times since I've been going. Among other things that escape me right now.

JMCx4

Censorship is the Sincerest Form of Flattery
Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
My point was that free AHL.TV subscriptions are a shrewd business move. As you describe the Wolves' history, it's simply business as usual in sustaining a loyal fanbase.

Reactions: Clinton Comets EHL

Mar 5, 2003
Worcester, MA
210sportsblog.com
Not at all...for all of their faults and they have some basic ones in my opinion. The Wolves have done stuff like this for their season ticket holders many times throughout the 20+ years I've been one. How many owners do you know that during a game where there was a bunch of snow come down before or during the game has made the announcement that everyone in the arena as a thank you for braving the weather can redeem their ticket stub for another game of their choice free of charge? This has been done multiple times since I've been going. Among other things that escape me right now.

You said "not at all"...and then agreed with him?

axecrew

Feb 6, 2007
You said "not at all"...and then agreed with him?

In an economy where teams have no revenue...for a team to spend that kind of money to buy the package for their long time season ticket holders is pretty good. Most if not all ticket holders would be keeping them anyway, so not sure how this is a cheap marketing ploy to keep them. This is a team doing something to reward loyalty...not buy it. It is/was already there.

axecrew

Feb 6, 2007
My point was that free AHL.TV subscriptions are a shrewd business move. As you describe the Wolves' history, it's simply business as usual in sustaining a loyal fanbase.

Ok I get that...but here's a question for you since I'm too damn lazy...What other teams in the AHL are providing a free package to their season ticketholders? If it is a simple business move to sustain loyalty from a fanbase...then a) Ok not sure I see anything wrong with it. b) why aren't more teams doing it c) guess the Wolves are really what others say they are then and should be looked at as a model franchise for teams to emulate and learn from.

Mar 5, 2003
Worcester, MA
210sportsblog.com
In an economy where teams have no revenue...for a team to spend that kind of money to buy the package for their long time season ticket holders is pretty good. Most if not all ticket holders would be keeping them anyway, so not sure how this is a cheap marketing ploy to keep them. This is a team doing something to reward loyalty...not buy it. It is/was already there.

Cheap as in "inexpensive" (an adverb), not as in "shoddy" (an adjective).

JMCx4

Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
Ok I get that...but here's a question for you since I'm too damn lazy...What other teams in the AHL are providing a free package to their season ticketholders? If it is a simple business move to sustain loyalty from a fanbase...then a) Ok not sure I see anything wrong with it. b) why aren't more teams doing it c) guess the Wolves are really what others say they are then and should be looked at as a model franchise for teams to emulate and learn from.
I guess I'm too lazy to find the post around here somewhere indicating that one or more other AHL teams were offering AHL.TV to STH's. So we've got that in common.

As for ... a) agreed; b) see my first part of this post; c) you are in error assuming that I am as unsympathetic to the Wolves franchise & their fans (or perhaps to you in particular) as other posters here, as I have supported by merch purchases & enjoyed traveling to watch the Wolves for several of the last 10 seasons. You are not surrounded by enemies here - you just make it seem like it.

axecrew

Feb 6, 2007
I guess I'm too lazy to find the post around here somewhere indicating that one or more other AHL teams were offering AHL.TV to STH's. So we've got that in common.

As for ... a) agreed; b) see my first part of this post; c) you are in error assuming that I am as unsympathetic to the Wolves franchise & their fans (or perhaps to you in particular) as other posters here, as I have supported by merch purchases & enjoyed traveling to watch the Wolves for several of the last 10 seasons. You are not surrounded by enemies here - you just make it seem like it.

Believe me I understand and don't feel like I am "surrounded" by enemies here...only a "common" one. My comment about them being what they are said they was made in the vein of..some people call the Wolves the "evil empire" on here or at least infer it. And I guess they are and more teams should aspire to be like them in that regards and they should be copied and teams should emulate what they do so well. Fact is they shouldn't be copied or emulated...teams should do their own thing. The Wolves get put down by "some" on here because they want to win...the same "some" have a major dislike or maybe even hatred for us fans because we want our team to win. AND also maybe because we Wolves fans actually know a little bit about the game and share that knowledge when we can or want...it's funny how many times we have been called Know it alls....and a host of other things and told to find another place to go etc ...all by "some" on here. It's also equally amusing how many times we have shared information...been told by " some" we didn't know anything and were stupid or whatever, only for our information to be correct and 100% factual...thus leading to more hatred by " some". Surrounded by enemies?! Nah not even close...just by "some".

Reactions: Clinton Comets EHL

axecrew

Feb 6, 2007
Then I have no idea what point you're trying to make.

Ok let me try to explain it better...I knew you meant that it was an inexpensive way to keep the season ticketholders happy or placated and nice publicity for the team or owners as well. My point was simply that MOST of the Wolves season ticketholders would still be when the fans are allowed back in the seats regardless of this. With no revenue coming in from fans or sponsers the Wolves ownership could have just said they would be broadcasting the games on AHLTV and left it at that. For them to spend $40,000 to give the season ticketholders the package is more than a bunch of teams are doing and also pretty cool. My point is this...I don't consider $40,000 inexpensive when the team has no revenue coming in at this time. And there aren't a lot of teams out there spending plus the cost of setting up cameras in a practice rink and paying those people as well. I'm sure some teams will say screw it it's too expensive. The BIG question is this...Is the AHL helping teams with the cost of production etc?

JMCx4

Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
... With no revenue coming in from fans or sponsers the Wolves ownership could have just said they would be broadcasting the games on AHLTV and left it at that. For them to spend $40,000 to give the season ticketholders the package is more than a bunch of teams are doing and also pretty cool. My point is this...I don't consider $40,000 inexpensive when the team has no revenue coming in at this time. And there aren't a lot of teams out there spending plus the cost of setting up cameras in a practice rink and paying those people as well. ...
Investment in the future of their business = "a shrewd business move." Take it all as a compliment to your favorite team's ownership, and move on. :facepalm:

Reactions: TatteredTornNFrayed

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Ooops

On January 27, 2021, our automated billing system triggered an auto-renew of your AHLTV Subscription. There was an error in the price charged and we are working diligently to correct the mistake. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.

All charges from January 27, 2021 will be adjusted to the correct price as quickly as possible.

JMCx4

Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
All charges from January 27, 2021 will be adjusted to the correct price as quickly as possible.
... and we will be tacking on a $100 "we fixed our own error" charge. :rolleyes:

Reactions: 210

ek93

Dec 28, 2014
New York
Binghamton is giving STH $5 off! What a steal!

Meanwhile Rochester, Chicago and some other teams are giving it away for free.

Just another example in a loooong list of reasons why this front office has zero clue how to treat their loyal fans. They’re lucky there’s jack shit else to do during the winter in Binghamton NY.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
When last season was stopped, we got an 11$ credit for next year since they didn't complete the season.

It was initially set to auto-renew, but since I'm subscribed only for Laval Rocket Home-and-Away package, they cancelled the auto-renew because the Canadian Division is delayed.

Last night, I subscribed to the same package I have since AHL TV started and I was happy to see the credit was applied.

Reactions: JMCx4

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
I have it on my Roku device and yesterday I am no longer able to search for archived games (the search thing no longer functions). Is this happening to anyone else and does anyone know how to fix it?

wingsfan08

May 7, 2021
I've had Griffins season tickets in the past and $500 is the cheapest for 1 seat. I know it's not the same as being there but I like having just ahltv now to watch the games. If it wasn't for having baseball season tickets I probably would do the package with the playoff games that came out last season. Every game all year for $100 doesn't seem like a bad deal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad