Post-Game Talk: {AHL} Toronto Marlies 5 - 6 Laval Rocket: Statement Game by Laval. Completing the Comeback in the SO

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
We were talking about this week being very important for Laval. It being the week where we will see what this team is made of. And they beat two of the best teams in the AHL three times. 6 points of a possible 6 this week. And with the win in Providence last Saturday, Laval wins 4 in a row.

This is what I was talking about in one of the threads where I said one thing you learn watching the AHL, a team can go on a winning streak just as easily as they can go on a losing one. Laval was on a "downward spiral," and here we are, a week later, and they are on a winning streak.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Laval scored 8 goals in 2 games, hopefully a sign that their offense is finally waking up. Next up is the monsters on Friday/Saturday on the road.

What's encouraging, particularly tonight, is that two of the guys they were to count on for offense (Barber and Varone) are out with injuries. I was very curious because Laval is supposed to be built to where they still have scorers in the line-up to make up for call ups and injuries. I'm happy to see that, for the moment, that depth is paying off.

Reactions: montreal

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
How were Leskinen, Olofsson, Juulsen, and Poehling?

And Belzile?

Leskinen was solid, Olofsson had maybe his best game of the season, very active in the offensive zone, Juulsen another solid game from him. Poehling didn't do too much, he's been quiet the past few games. He did have one good offensive chance off the top of my head.

Belzile is the mvp of the team so far unless Primeau were to play the bulk of the games. He was good again.

Brook was solid I'd say but not was noticeable as yesterday.

McCarron's line was once again the best line though, got to think they will be sticking together for the next few games at the least.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Alzner is now a 3rd pair D in the AHL. ouch

and not very good there either, 12-0-0-0 -7

he did have a good game yesterday but he's just too slow even for the AHL. With the game being less then 24 hours apart since it went to 10:30 or so some 16 hours later they had another game I said I would have looked at sitting him. They have Lamarche who is a decent bottom line D or if they didn't want Brook to get more ice time (which they should as it's not like he's been bad and he's a big part of the Habs future hopefully), he could play on the 2nd pairing. That way Ouellet would go back to LD inside of RD and they could have given Alzner some time off.

Hudon was fired up for that one

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
There goal dif is now even for the first time this season 36 goals and 36 ga

The PK is now tied for 1st, the PP down to 8th in the league.

They are still 6th in the division in terms of win % since they have so many games played on the rest of the division.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
There goal dif is now even for the first time this season 36 goals and 36 ga

The PK is now tied for 1st, the PP down to 8th in the league.

They are still 6th in the division in terms of win % since they have so many games played on the rest of the division.
I think their biggest problem is that they have too many guys who are taking time to get going because they feel like they should be playing in the NHL.

Reactions: HankyZetts

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
They mentioned on the post game radio show that the Rocket came back 3 times, including twice from a two goal deficit. Impressive.

Reactions: cphabs

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
They mentioned on the post game radio show that the Rocket came back 3 times, including twice from a two goal deficit. Impressive.

I wouldn't say three times. Twice is right.

They were down 2-0 and tied it at 2-2. Then they were down 4-2. They made it 4-3, but Toronto went up 5-3. And that's when they tied it 5-5.

They're probably counting making it 4-3 before Toronto scored a goal to make it 5-3 as one of the comebacks. I don't. I personally count tying the game at 2-2 and then 5-5 as comebacks. Both times were erasing a 2-goal deficit.

Reactions: Runner77

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I wouldn't say three times. Twice is right.

They were down 2-0 and tied it at 2-2. Then they were down 4-2. They made it 4-3, but Toronto went up 5-3. And that's when they tied it 5-5.

They're probably counting making it 4-3 before Toronto scored a goal to make it 5-3 as one of the comebacks. I don't. I personally count tying the game at 2-2 and then 5-5 as comebacks. Both times were erasing a 2-goal deficit.

Thanks. I just relayed what I heard on the post-game show. I guess they had it wrong. So two comebacks from 2-goal deficits. We don't need a third to be able to qualify it as impressive.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->