Post-Game Talk: {AHL} Syracuse Crunch @ Laval Rocket Loss 2-4

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
D1jN2BvXQAEqJL8.jpg

D1ksgQIW0AEC-GA.jpg

Healthy scratches:
Forwards:
Marc-Olivier Roy (PTO), Morgan Adams-Moisan (AHL Deal)
Defense: Ryan Culkin (AHL Deal)

Bulletin

- Charlie Lindgren has been recalled by Montreal

- As a result, Laval recalled Connor LaCouvee from the Maine Mariners (ECHL)

In 6 starts for Laval, he posted a 4-1-1 record with a 1.98 GAA and a .927 SV%.

- Jevpalovs returns to the line-up tonight, after missing a few weeks with an injury.

- Hunter Shinkaruk is nearing a return, but isn't cleared yet. He started practicing with the team again.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Big test for Laval tonight. In three games between the two teams, Laval has a 1-1-1 record.

Again, with the playoffs a long way from being a possibility, other results needed tonight to give Laval just enough for some motivation is for Rochester to beat Utica in regulation. A Laval win coupled with a Utica loss would put Laval within 5 points behind the Comets and Laval still has a game in hand.

Milwaukee with the favor by beating Cleveland in regulation earlier today. If Laval wins, they will be 3 points from Cleveland.

Standings.png

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Who’s making the jump from Laval next year? Evans? Fleury?

I can't say. They do look like the most likely candidates. However, I'm okay with them playing in Laval some more. Both have been two of the brightest spots in Laval, but they're not NHL ready yet. Some more fine tuning and some more pro experience before any possible jump to Montreal may be what they'll need. A more conservative approach, but better patience than rushing anyone.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Also, after missing the last two games due to illness, Belzile returns to the line-up. He'll be a very welcome addition.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Laval makes it 1-0 on the PP!

Ouellet with the shot from the blue line. Not sure if it was redirected it.

Edit: Not redirected. A seeing eye shot to the top corner. And the guy was right inside the blue line but right in front of the Crunch bench. Like really in the corner of that blue line.

Reactions: cphabs

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Laval is really looking good so far. Very aggressive and giving Syracuse a hard time. Laval's forecheck is near flawless.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
And as I typed that, Syracuse ties it.

The Syracuse player shoved Joe Cox right into McNiven in front of the net and McNiven couldn't do anything.

Bouchard was pissed off but refs don't reverse the decision.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Just listening to Bouchard talking about Evans and Fleury during his sit-down interview with Bruno Gervais in the first intermission. I said this and will say this again, this man is exactly what the organization needed to run the development at the AHL level.

Reactions: cphabs and montreal

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
And as I typed that, Syracuse ties it.

The Syracuse player shoved Joe Cox right into McNiven in front of the net and McNiven couldn't do anything.

Bouchard was pissed off but refs don't reverse the decision.

i thought it was Kyle that was pushed into McNiven but either way that sucked. I guess they felt the push wasn't hard enough? Cause he clearly went into McNiven who wasn't happy.

Who’s making the jump from Laval next year? Evans? Fleury?

Evans needs to work on getting quicker, stronger, adding mass. Fleury needs to work on his defensive game a bit. I could see them spending most of the year in Laval unless they really improve on those areas in the off season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->