Confirmed with Link: AHL signings: Brown, Bystrom & Farnham re-signed, Thompson, MacDonald & others signed

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
Well, we might lose Mascherin for nothing, but guess who we re-signed!

And Springfield got a guy too!!!

...I mean, yay. Nothing against Brown and Bystrom, and if they like Farnham so much, yeah okay, keep him. But this sucks.

Brokin

Nov 30, 2014
^I was hoping you were gonna say Sateri as he is UFA. The rest of the good AHL guys coming up are RFA and they have until I think one day after the draft to receive qualifying offers before they become UFA's on 7/1/18. Of note, they need to get Greco done. :)

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
^I was hoping you were gonna say Sateri as he is UFA. The rest of the good AHL guys coming up are RFA and they have until I think one day after the draft to receive qualifying offers before they become UFA's on 7/1/18. Of note, they need to get Greco done. :)
Greco already has a contract for next year (he'll be RFA at the end of 2018/19).
Per CapFriendly, guys without contract at the moment:
McCann (RFA)
Vatrano (RFA)
Brickley (UFA, probably gone)
Petrovic (RFA)
Weegar (RFA)

And in the minors:
Wittchow (RFA), Valk (RFA), Sateri (UFA), Hulstrom (UFA, won't be re-signed), Grenier (UFA), Balisy (UFA), Gregory Chase (RFA)

Reactions: PSLguy

BeezKnees

Jun 4, 2010
Orlando, FL
"MacDonald, 25, led all AHL defensemen in goals (20) and points (55) over 75 games... played in the 2018 AHL All-Star Game and was named to the 2017-18 AHL First All-Star Team"

Not bad at all. He's still young, wonder if he has any potential to play some games for us down the line.

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
"MacDonald, 25, led all AHL defensemen in goals (20) and points (55) over 75 games... played in the 2018 AHL All-Star Game and was named to the 2017-18 AHL First All-Star Team"

Not bad at all. He's still young, wonder if he has any potential to play some games for us down the line.
in an emergency situation, sure. He should not be considered a sleeper signing.

IM Clutcm

Jun 20, 2014
Miami, FL

So weird looking at his stats from last year compared to his college stats, the dude scored 4 goals and had 21 points total in 104 NCAA games.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Nice signings! A strong Springfield team is a good development ground for our prospects. Now they just have to resign valk and grenier.

Brokin

Nov 30, 2014
I like Jacob MacDonald.

Puck moving defenseman that can skate and fire a 98 mph slap shot. Deadly accurate on the one-timer, give and go, and good distributor of the puck as QB on the PP or 4on4/3on3. He has a tendency at times to turn the puck over in his own zone when pressured. This is his biggest liability and will hinder his advancement to the NHL. Give him a year with Kinnear and see what happens. Also, since he is an excellent skater.......it might make sense to see what he looks like at Forward. Seems mild mannered and likely not a gritty player.

Prospect Update: Jacob MacDonald

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
Stillman on D is done with Junior and most likely will be in Springfield this season, as well as forwards Ang and Bajkov.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Stillman on D is done with Junior and most likely will be in Springfield this season, as well as forwards Ang and Bajkov.

I really want them to load up though. It's just as critical that Springfield makes the playoffs this season as the Panthers. We need to develop a winning culture throughout the organization.

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
If Borgstrom is sent to Springfield, they'll have a decent squad out there.

Hunt - Borg - Bajkov
Haapala - Hawryluk - Ang
Lammikko - Mangene - Thompson
Farnham - Byron - Repo
Horton

McCoshen - MacDonald
Stillman - Schemitch
Bystrom - Brown
Downing

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
If Borgstrom is sent to Springfield, they'll have a decent squad out there.

Hunt - Borg - Bajkov
Haapala - Hawryluk - Ang
Lammikko - Mangene - Thompson
Farnham - Byron - Repo
Horton

McCoshen - MacDonald
Stillman - Schemitch
Bystrom - Brown
Downing

Was Hawryluk playing C in Springfield last year? I'd like to see Ang play C and I think Repo should be on the 2nd or 3rd line and turned into a Kreider type player, speed, physical forechecking and a bit of scoring.

Otherwise I like the lineup and expect some big things from that top 4 D core.

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
Was Hawryluk playing C in Springfield last year? I'd like to see Ang play C and I think Repo should be on the 2nd or 3rd line and turned into a Kreider type player, speed, physical forechecking and a bit of scoring.

Otherwise I like the lineup and expect some big things from that top 4 D core.

I think Hawryluk's best option is to stick with center because that's his ticket to the show by replacing MacK. And for Ang it's bottom6 RW-duties.
Bystrom might actually command bigger TOI than Stillman but remains to the seen. The 2C/3C position needs upgrading, I think Dalé went the way of the cheapskate here a bit.

Reactions: ThePatientPanther

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
I think Hawryluk's best option is to stick with center because that's his ticket to the show by replacing MacK. And for Ang it's bottom6 RW-duties.
Bystrom might actually command bigger TOI than Stillman but remains to the seen. The 2C/3C position needs upgrading, I think Dalé went the way of the cheapskate here a bit.

Ya good point on Hawryluk but just like Ang's upside more, his speed is something else.
Never even heard of Mangene before :laugh:

We still got Greco no as well? He should be slotted into top 6 RW.

Between Greco, Ang/Hawrlyk, Bajkov and Repo, we should have one or two future bottom 6 guys.

Bystrom has more experience for sure but Stillman has been pretty impressive and I think he will end up on the 2nd pairing before the year is out. Really like his pedigree.

Reactions: Jean Luc Discard

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany

But isnt Ang also a natural Center, i never saw him playing a different Position. Why he should now move to the Wing. I think Ang is an Option, if McCann does go the Way or doesnt move in the right direction. I always saw Ang as an sure Bottom 6 Center, special with his Speed and Energy he plays.
Hawryluk is another Player he never was able to make the next Step and i don´t see him in the NHL Team. I dont hate him and i dont like him, it´s my sight how he is developing and who fits in the last Spots in this Team.

It´s like everyone says here Borgstrom our Top Prospect, but then a few say here he should be in the AHL. For what in the AHL you only developing own skills not team related. For those or you thought, McCoshen stand without resaon with the Team. Beside with the last singing i hope he gets now Top Minutes in the AHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad