AHL playoffs TV?

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
I haven't found cable or satellite information yet, but here is the info about streaming:

https://ahl.neulion.com/ahl/secure/registerform

• Every game: $249.00
  • Just your team: $44.00
  • Individual games: $9.99

A bit overpriced if you ask me, but I may check out a game or 2 to try it out.
I saw something on redit awhile ago where people did nothing but complain about this package. Apparently it's not worth the money.

1point21Gigawatts

hell's a gigawatt?
Apr 7, 2010
The future
I saw something on redit awhile ago where people did nothing but complain about this package. Apparently it's not worth the money.

If it's anything like the AHL gamecenter thing on their website, then yeah. Total rip off. I paid last year for two games and it's usually a feed from the jumbotron except really grainy and pixilated.

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
And they wonder why people pirate their broadcasts. When will these companies learn that you need to offer a good price and high quality to stop people from looking for free alternatives?

Because some of us will never stop looking at free alternatives :laugh:

Dunkster19

May 3, 2013
Pegula needs to start his own TV network. Something like the old Empire Sports Network!

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Pegula needs to start his own TV network. Something like the old Empire Sports Network!

You'd think Time Warner Sports would step up to the plate. They'd be able to offer Bills and Sabres coverage plus a bunch of college teams including SU...and The Amerks/ Bisons/Chiefs/Red Wings I'd actually like them to takeover broadcasting Sabre games from MSG ... plus they'd be able to have multiple channels to spread out the coverage.

Edit:

But I guess it would suck for Dish, Direct TV and Fios users ..haha

Would be a good way to sway customers back to cable tho.

timnsr72

Jul 5, 2009
Rochester NY
You'd think Time Warner Sports would step up to the plate. They'd be able to offer Bills and Sabres coverage plus a bunch of college teams including SU...and The Amerks/ Bisons/Chiefs/Red Wings I'd actually like them to takeover broadcasting Sabre games from MSG ... plus they'd be able to have multiple channels to spread out the coverage.

I wouldn't be surprised if that happens when Comcast takes over.

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
Kevin Oklobzija @kevinoDandC 57m
No confirmation on TV coverage of #Amerks at Chicago for Games 3, 4 and 5 but appears likely. Picking up Wolves feed.

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY

Disengage

Nov 11, 2007
Amerks aren't on TV in there own market?

Wolves have been on Chicagoland TV since arriving (Not marque channels of course but easy to find)

A) It costs money to put them on the air

B) It allows people to stay home instead of going to the game (i.e. not spending money)

They usually put about 11 home games on TWCS and will pick up 1 or 2 games in Syracuse and a game in Bingo from their TWCS broadcasts.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
http://www.amerks.com/newsX.asp?type=News&aID=1024

The Rochester Americans announced today that the upcoming road games in the Amerks’ Calder Cup Playoff series versus the Chicago Wolves will be televised in Rochester and Buffalo on Time Warner Cable SportsChannel.

Game 3 of the best-of-five series takes place on Thursday, May 1 at 8:00 p.m. ET at Allstate Arena in Chicago, while Game 4 is scheduled for 8:30 p.m. ET on Friday, May 2. If necessary, Game 5 will be played Sunday, May 4 at 4:00 p.m. ET in Chicago.

The television broadcasts of the road games will be produced by the Chicago Wolves and The U-Too TV Network.

The games will be available to Time Warner Cable subscribers in Rochester and Buffalo on Channel 323 (also 26 in Rochester). The only exception is Game 4 on Friday, which will still air on Channel 323 in Rochester, but also on Channel 87 in the Buffalo market.

Awesome!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad