GDT: AHL Playoffs - Game 2 - Amerks v. Marlies (4/21 3:00 PM)

dortt

Sep 21, 2018
Houston, TX
what is going on with goaltenders through the whole organization.

I wouldn't expect anything out of UPL, he will just be coached how to play terrible. What Lehner said about the goaltending coaching was quite revealing. Our goalie coaches have no clue at all what they're doing

toomuchsauce

Jan 7, 2015
what is going on with goaltenders through the whole organization.

I wouldn't expect anything out of UPL, he will just be coached how to play terrible. What Lehner said about the goaltending coaching was quite revealing. Our goalie coaches have no clue at all what they're doing

What'd he say? I mean, ignoring all else, this dude didn't sharpen his skates for most of the season, so I take his comments with a grain of salt. But, having said that, what did he say about the goalie coach? It could be relevant.

I mean, maybe the fact that he didn't catch a sharpen all year is actually a goalie coaching issue. I know the dude is 250 lbs, so he doesn't need a deep hollow, but you need a f***ing edge at least.

dortt

Sep 21, 2018
Houston, TX
What'd he say? I mean, ignoring all else, this dude didn't sharpen his skates for most of the season, so I take his comments with a grain of salt. But, having said that, what did he say about the goalie coach? It could be relevant.

I mean, maybe the fact that he didn't catch a sharpen all year is actually a goalie coaching issue. I know the dude is 250 lbs, so he doesn't need a deep hollow, but you need a ****ing edge at least.

some things about the islander coaches improving his fundamentals

https://nypost.com/2019/04/09/how-islanders-transformed-their-goalies-into-a-major-strength/

Fix some fundamental stuff and work on some fundamental stuff. It’s been good so far.”

toomuchsauce

Jan 7, 2015
some things about the islander coaches improving his fundamentals

https://nypost.com/2019/04/09/how-islanders-transformed-their-goalies-into-a-major-strength/

Fix some fundamental stuff and work on some fundamental stuff. It’s been good so far.”

Hmmmmmmm.....

I am *extremely* interested in what those "fundamental" things were. What do the Sabres coaches think are "fundys," or not, and how does that differ from the Islanders coaches? The fact that there is any difference is...concerning. Fundys are fundys.

I mean, the number one fundamental thing is balance, and Lehner was bad at that while here. So.... Anyway....

For any hockey parents of goalies out there who might be reading this: question your goalie coach about what they think "fundamentals" are. If they say something that sounds like jargon (like "reverse-VH's," "head trajectory" or "lateral releases"), be skeptical. I'm not saying those concepts are bad (they're not - but *those terms* are jargon designed to confuse otherwise extremely simple concepts), but if the person cannot explain themselves in a way that makes sense to you, they might also have trouble communicating with your kid.

This has been a PSA from your friend, toomuchsauce

dang111

Oct 20, 2017
The reactions around here are ****ing insane. We are running into a hot goaltender who has made some insane saves that have kept the marlies in. Some of your axes are ground to a stump...
It’s amazing how quickly people are calling for Taylor’s head, but not surprising. Is Jon Cooper a bad coach?

Reactions: jc17

toomuchsauce

Jan 7, 2015
It’s amazing how quickly people are calling for Taylor’s head, but not surprising. Is Jon Cooper a bad coach?

No one is doing this, and Tayls' job should be safe. Seems much more likely you're trying to beat up a straw man, for inexplicable reasons.

oldgoalie

Goaltending matters.
Jan 7, 2004
VA
It feels like goaltending has failed both the Amerks and the parent club. why can't this organization get its shit together on their goalies? (they've had some damn fine ones in the past...)

DatGuy

Sep 25, 2015
It feels like goaltending has failed both the Amerks and the parent club. why can't this organization get its **** together on their goalies? (they've had some damn fine ones in the past...)
that is why they are going with Wilcox in game 3. :sarcasm:

dang111

Oct 20, 2017
No one is doing this, and Tayls' job should be safe. Seems much more likely you're trying to beat up a straw man, for inexplicable reasons.
Not calling for his head, calling for him not to be Sabres coach

I agree on the Sabres coach point. I wouldn't be thrilled if he was hired. It wouldn't be the worst thing, but I wouldn't be too happy. I got the impression some people were already ready to throw Taylor under the bus completely as a bad coach, if I inferred wrong my mistake.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->