GDT: AHL Playoffs - Game 1 - Amerks v. Marlies (4/19 7:00 PM)

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010
Wedgewood’s SV% in the last 10 is .861. Let’s hope Taylor isn’t willing to go down with that ship. Wilcox isn’t any better. Either start UPL in Game 2, or dress him as the backup and be prepared for a quick hook with Wedgewood.

Doesn’t matter, you go with experience. So I’m told.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Wedgewood’s SV% in the last 10 is .861. Let’s hope Taylor isn’t willing to go down with that ship. Wilcox isn’t any better. Either start UPL in Game 2, or dress him as the backup and be prepared for a quick hook with Wedgewood.

That would be an interesting, aggressive move. I like it. They won't do it, but I like it.

Reactions: Kyndig

Tsyolin

Amerks Enthusiast
May 26, 2018
DC
I don't see them going with UPL, not in this series unless it goes really bad next game. You really don't have a lot of room to experiment in a Best of 5 series and Taylor at least knows how good Wedgewood can be. (He had a really good season believe it or not).

Reactions: Chainshot

Kyndig

Jan 3, 2012
I don't see them going with UPL, not in this series unless it goes really bad next game. You really don't have a lot of room to experiment in a Best of 5 series and Taylor at least knows how good Wedgewood can be. (He had a really good season believe it or not).

Go big or go home 0-9 against the Marlies all time.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
If Taylor doesn't go with UPL I don't want him as the Sabres coach anymore.

I do not want him as the head coach right now (though he should be the heir apparent) but him not playing UPL is Housley playing Sobotka top 6 center minutes level bad.

Tsyolin

Amerks Enthusiast
May 26, 2018
DC
I do not want him as the head coach right now (though he should be the heir apparent) but him not playing UPL is Housley playing Sobotka top 6 center minutes level bad.

You gotta be shitting me with this right? I know not everyone here watches the Amerks all the time but come on. He's played 1 freaking game in the AHL. I'm as excited about him as everyone else is but you don't just throw the kid into the fire when your starting goalie is coming off a career year.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
You gotta be ****ting me with this right? I know not everyone here watches the Amerks all the time but come on. He's played 1 freaking game in the AHL. I'm as excited about him as everyone else is but you don't just throw the kid into the fire when your starting goalie is coming off a career year.
You take your logic and get out!

Reactions: Buffaloed

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad