AHL/NHL Affiliations

Status
Not open for further replies.

axecrew

Feb 6, 2007
Spectra, last I checked, GR, controls in some ways more than just Portland, Binghamton has used them, Abbotsford still is under their operation, Hartford just renewed theirs, Lehigh Valley (see the Flyers connection there, along w/ PPL), in fact, even Colorado's venue and tenant that's coming in 2018/19 is under their operation...

in fact where did you think Adam Goldberg was hired from when Spectra was in the running to complete the transfer of territory to return hockey to Cross? HARTFORD

Can Someone....anyone....Bueller? Tell me what any of this has to do with the current affiliation agreements in the AHL? Truthfully if it's in this thread I have either forgotten what it was or missed it completely.

Reactions: JMCx4

Avsrule2022

"No more rats"
Apr 4, 2012
Longmont, CO
Can Someone....anyone....Bueller? Tell me what any of this has to do with the current affiliation agreements in the AHL? Truthfully if it's in this thread I have either forgotten what it was or missed it completely.

I can help with this. Spectra is totally responsible for the entire history of minor league hockey. They are just an arm of the Illuminati. The best thing you can do is just accept it. And affiliation agreements can't be broken.

axecrew

Feb 6, 2007
I can help with this. Spectra is totally responsible for the entire history of minor league hockey. They are just an arm of the Illuminati. The best thing you can do is just accept it. And affiliation agreements can't be broken.

Shoot...the Illumini...I was hoping it was Voldemort and the minions...now I'm going to have to change everyone of my preconceived ideas

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
AND YOU'RE STILL WHINING about what exactly, Avs, thought you should know when to drop a subject you seem so keenly interested in, is it the fans fault the majority of arenas are operated by one of two main operators, AEG or Spectra, depending on which market is been discussed? :rolleyes:

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
AND YOU'RE STILL WHINING about what exactly, Avs, thought you should know when to drop a subject you seem so keenly interested in, is it the fans fault the majority of arenas are operated by one of two main operators, AEG or Spectra, depending on which market is been discussed? :rolleyes:
How many times has Binghamton or Hartford been mentioned over the years in threads here, in the current and/or old format or on other sites so that there is one centralized place to discuss it, Utica, too, since it seems there's a constant issue as to Vancouver and a)why there and b) when are they relocating it, despite what they've told the ownership and its fanbase that they have no intention of doing that anytime soon.... would you like Grand Rapids to be moved further than 4 hours from Detroit, or have the Wings move on to somewhere else and have the new affiliate not be in the same region

GrGriffins

Jan 30, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI

There is more to this. The AHL office in Springfield, MA and the ECHL office in NJ will be moving after this season to Portland, ME and you guessed it, Spectra will operate both offices. Just do not know which office Spectra will let Hutch run. Still trying to find that out. Is it possible that the Springfield AHL team will move to Portland, ME as well? You could have the Portland Pirates back in the AHL and the Maine Mariners in the ECHL under one roof (just like Winnipeg Jets/Manitoba Moose and San Jose Sharks/San Jose Barracuda).

Reactions: Captain Crash

GrGriffins

Jan 30, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI
nope, it is not an accurate statement, maybe Utica shouldn't have gotten the rights to the Comets, then, dude, did you forget Spectra runs Hartford and they just got renewed with the same arena operator that the Wolf*Pack have had for much of their 20 year run in Hartford.... at one point Spectra ran the arena in Binghamton, as well.... they run a few other markets past or present markets, but you seem to ignore that fact, go, stop being so defensive.... the Portland fans as well as the Worcester fans have suffered long enough and/or fought harder to attract interest in the ECHL to avert those decisions made previously..... Philadelphia/Spectra, by your correlation then, should drop the PPL Center in Allentown, then, huh... All Philadelphia did there is recreate what they started in 1977 in Portland and had the Spectrum (which just happens to be the model for Cross) for what they had built in South Philadelphia, remained there, why move the Phantoms twice while PPL Center was built, name another 8 sided arena built into a peninsula, as Portland is, much less where Cross sits... Snider himself said, if he had his way, the Spectrum would still be in Philadelphia, it's his vision that got hockey started, and All AHL Fans should be indebted for a visionary legend....

btw, how did the Devils work out for Utica in 1987 GC, because obviously they left at the first sign of adversity, and a bigger NY Market.

Just about every post mentions Spectra and/or Portland one way shape or form.

GrGriffins

Jan 30, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI
would you like Grand Rapids to be moved further than 4 hours from Detroit, or have the Wings move on to somewhere else and have the new affiliate not be in the same region

It will not happen because Spectra does not own the Detroit Red Wings, nor the Grand Rapids Griffins. So I'm not worried about it.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
I think Nashville should affiliate with Houston because it's much closer to Nashville and it could also be good for Houston.

Minnesota should take over Milwaukee if that would be the case.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
I think Nashville should affiliate with Houston because it's much closer to Nashville and it could also be good for Houston.

Well there hasn't been a team in Houston in 5 years and Minnesota owns their affiliate in Iowa, so good luck with that.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine

same thing as I explained to you.... Minnesota owns both franchises playing at Wells Fargo Center in Iowa, the Wild own the hockey franchise, same with the T-Wolves with the other franchise, hence why both adopted the owners franchise....

do you even know what an Admiral is, Makar, it's a washing machine brand.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
same thing as I explained to you.... Minnesota owns both franchises playing at Wells Fargo Center in Iowa, the Wild own the hockey franchise, same with the T-Wolves with the other franchise, hence why both adopted the owners franchise....

do you even know what an Admiral is, Makar, it's a washing machine brand.

I think everybody knows an Admiral is the highest rank in the Navy...

GrGriffins

Jan 30, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI
Milwaukee and Portland were formed the same season too 1977-78, just in different leagues until 2001

No they were not formed in the same season. The Milwaukee Admirals officially started as the "Admirals" in the 1973-74 season when they played 4 seasons in the United States Hockey League (was a pro league back then), before the USHL became a junior league and the Admirals then went to the IHL in 1977-78.

Reactions: adsfan and JMCx4
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad