AHL/NHL Affiliations

Status
Not open for further replies.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Hershey/ Washington have yet to announce an affiliation extension after theirs expired at the end of the year. I'd expect some sort of word on what's going on in the upcoming days considering Washington's Development Camp starts next week and Hershey's coaches basically run the camp.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
just so it's here:

Hartford's business operations are run by Spectra, who also operates XL, and has since 2009....

that way that question is covered without need of a PM

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
I think Florida should take back San Antonio and St. Louis should take over Springfield. Colorado can do what they want with their AHL team. I'd just would like to see it in either Idaho or Salt Lake City, but I do know it will be the Colorado Eagles.

But if St. Louis is given the expansion franchise it should stay the same.

Splatter

Sep 13, 2010
St. Louis
I think Florida should take back San Antonio and St. Louis should take over Springfield. Colorado can do what they want with their AHL team. I'd just would like to see it in either Idaho or Salt Lake City, but I do know it will be the Colorado Eagles.

But if St. Louis is given the expansion franchise it should stay the same.

St. Louis already signed a five year agreement with San Antonio. It starts next season.

Agalloch

EliteProspects
Sep 18, 2002
Lachute, QC
Visit site
When they begun the move to the West coast, the rumored teams interested in moving their farm team were all the California teams, Colorado, Arizon and Vancouver. So only Vancouver's AHL team is still in the East for now.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
When they begun the move to the West coast, the rumored teams interested in moving their farm team were all the California teams, Colorado, Arizon and Vancouver. So only Vancouver's AHL team is still in the East for now.

uh, not quite, if you remember, St. Louis sold that to Vancouver in exchange for Chicago at that point, Anaheim nor Arizona had outright ownership nor had that plan been formalized, remember, it was Burke who had proposed that in 2006, it wasn't known that SJ/LA wanted to leave New England for CA.

axecrew

Feb 6, 2007
uh, not quite, if you remember, St. Louis sold that to Vancouver in exchange for Chicago at that point, Anaheim nor Arizona had outright ownership nor had that plan been formalized, remember, it was Burke who had proposed that in 2006, it wasn't known that SJ/LA wanted to leave New England for CA.

How do you figure?? He is 100% correct...Vancouver is the only western team with an affiliate in the east...that FACT is non debatable! And believe me if anyone thinks that the whole western move wasn't already on the table and going to happen back when Vancouver bought their franchise from st. louis is very foolish and naive. These things are not done in a year this whole plan has been in the works for and takes years to come to full bore. Vancouver will eventually move their team out west...just like they intend to do. Besides there was what a gap of 2 years max between the sale of the blues AHL franchise and the western movement of Anaheim, San Jose etc...? This is the 3rd season those teams have been out west and Utica is what 4-5 years old....do the math and then tell me that no one knew the western movement was on the table and coming when they bought the franchise from st. louis. Like i said a person would have to be very foolish to think that.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
How do you figure?? He is 100% correct...Vancouver is the only western team with an affiliate in the east...that FACT is non debatable! And believe me if anyone thinks that the whole western move wasn't already on the table and going to happen back when Vancouver bought their franchise from st. louis is very foolish and naive. These things are not done in a year this whole plan has been in the works for and takes years to come to full bore. Vancouver will eventually move their team out west...just like they intend to do. Besides there was what a gap of 2 years max between the sale of the blues AHL franchise and the western movement of Anaheim, San Jose etc...? This is the 3rd season those teams have been out west and Utica is what 4-5 years old....do the math and then tell me that no one knew the western movement was on the table and coming when they bought the franchise from st. louis. Like i said a person would have to be very foolish to think that.

excuse me, who's GM WAS IT that proposed the Pacific, and who's affiilation was it, this was not done 5 years ago, this was done 15 + years ago, AND NOT EXECUTED until 4 years ago, [MOD]

Last edited by a moderator:

Nightsquad

Jan 25, 2014
Utica NY will be a Rangers affiliate in the very near future, its becoming clear. Upstate NY has a lock on most of the NY/NJ teams. If Utica doesn't lock up a Ranger affiliation by then it will likely be an ECHL destination.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Utica NY will be a Rangers affiliate in the very near future, its becoming clear. Upstate NY has a lock on most of the NY/NJ teams. If Utica doesn't lock up a Ranger affiliation by then it will likely be an ECHL destination.

and that league is set, what franchise is there add an ownership issue for Utica, NS, there are no longer any dormant franchises now that Alaska has been acquired by SPECTRA, Elmira was terminated, remember.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Sharks bought the AHL Kentucky Thoroughblades circa 1995. They've been wanting their affiliate close since then (or before). So more like 20+ years ago the desire started.

Avsrule2022

"No more rats"
Apr 4, 2012
Longmont, CO
and that league is set, what franchise is there add an ownership issue for Utica, NS, there are no longer any dormant franchises now that Alaska has been acquired by SPECTRA, Elmira was terminated, remember.

Colorado's ECHL team will be available next year. And the ECHL could grant an expansion franchise to Utica if they wanted to. Availability of ECHL franchises is a non-issue.

axecrew

Feb 6, 2007
excuse me, who's GM WAS IT that proposed the Pacific, and who's affiilation was it, this was not done 5 years ago, this was done 15 + years ago, AND NOT EXECUTED until 4 years ago, [MOD]

So...You're saying in 1 post that the idea wasn't known when Vancouver purchased the Blues AHL franchise 5 or so years ago and now in this post you're saying that it was known 15+ years ago...holy contradiction of ones self batman!

Last edited by a moderator:

Bear of Bad News

Your Third or Fourth Favorite HFBoards Admin
Sep 27, 2005
Last warning for both of you (and anyone else reading): TREAT ONE OTHER LIKE ADULTS.

UticaHockey

Feb 27, 2013
Utica, NY
I fully expect Vancouver to move their AHL team out west for next season and I fully expect Utica to remain in the AHL with a different NHL parent. It's no coincidence that Utica is hosting the AHL All Star Game again this year and that team relocations are often announced after the AHL Board meetings that coincide with the ASG weekend.

Nightsquad

Jan 25, 2014
I fully expect Vancouver to move their AHL team out west for next season and I fully expect Utica to remain in the AHL with a different NHL parent. It's no coincidence that Utica is hosting the AHL All Star Game again this year and that team relocations are often announced after the AHL Board meetings that coincide with the ASG weekend.

Indeed, that affiliation is going to be the NY Rangers organization.

Reactions: Agalloch
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad