AHL/NHL Affiliations

Status
Not open for further replies.

MM658

Feb 7, 2011
Springfield, MA area
As of August 29, 2014 -- current affiliations and their expiration dates.
Updated Sept 10 - revised Binghamton, Syracuse, St. John's
Updated Sept 3 - revised Springfield

Please post corrections, and updates as they become available.

Note that these dates pertain only to the affiliation agreements, and not to arena leases, agreements with municipalities, etc. Dates referenced are the end dates of the given season (example: "2015" means the 2014-15 hockey season).

Note that these dates represent best-known information (in other words, Google) and do not take into account the very-real possibility of early termination clauses, unpublicized options to extend, etc.

Albany Devils - New Jersy Devils - NHL team owns AHL affiliate
Binghamton Senators - Ottawa Senators - through 2019
Bridgeport Sound Tigers - New York Islanders - NHL team owns AHL affiliate
Charlotte Checkers - Carolina Hurricanes - expiration of agreement UNKNOWN; some NHL/AHL ownership overlap
Chicago Wolves - St. Louis Blues - through 2016
Glens Falls, name TBA- Calgary Flames - NHL team owns AHL affiliate
Grand Rapids Griffins - Detroit Red Wings - through 2017
Hamilton Bulldogs - Montreal Canadiens - through 2016
Hartford WolfPack - New York Rangers - NHL team owns AHL affiliate
Hershey Bears - Washington Capitals - through 2015
Iowa Wild - Minnesota Wild - NHL team owns AHL affiliate
Lake Erie Monsters - Colorado Avalanche - through 2017
Lehigh Valley Phantoms - Philadelphia Flyers - through 2015 with additional options
Manchester Monarchs - Los Angeles Kings - NHL team owns AHL affiliate
Milwaukee Admirals - Nashville Predators - through 2017
Norfolk Admirals - Anaheim Ducks - through 2015
Oklahoma City Barons - Edmonton Oilers - through 2015 with option through 2018
Portland Pirates - Phoenix Coyotes - through 2015
Providence Bruins - Boston Bruins - for "multiple years" beyond 2016 (whatever that means)
Rochester Americans - Buffalo Sabres - NHL team owns AHL affiliate
Rockford IceHogs - Chicago Black Hawks - through 2017
San Antonio Rampage - Florida Panthers - through 2015 at least
Springfield Falcons - Columbus Blue Jackets - through 2016 with option through 2018
St. John's IceCaps - Winnipeg Jets - through 2016
Syracuse Crunch - Tampa Bay Lightning - through 2017
Texas Stars - Dallas Stars - NHL team owns AHL affiliate
Toronto Marlies - Toronto Maple Leafs - NHL team owns AHL affiliate
Utica Comets - Vancouver Canucks - NHL team owns AHL affiliate
Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins - Pittsburgh Penguins - NHL team owns AHL affiliate
Worcester Sharks - San Jose Sharks - NHL team owns AHL affiliate

Last edited:

MM658

Feb 7, 2011
Springfield, MA area
Are you sure Lehigh Valley is a one year deal?
Nope.

That date is based on the last info I was able to find regarding an affiliation agreement between the Flyers and the Brooks Group. Can't find the info now so I can't cite a link. The agreement may well have been extended as part of the move to the Valley, but not publicly stated (that I've seen).

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Updated affiliation chart:

15q2nvo.jpg

Samkow

Now do Classical Gas
Jul 4, 2002
Detroit
@Aportzline · 11s

#CBJ extend affiliation agreement with #AHL Springfield through 2015-16, with option for two more years. @TheFalconsAHL

Neill99

Oct 30, 2006
Columbus/Lake Erie

Well there goes me hoping for a Columbus/Lake Erie affiliation.:amazed:

HansH

Unwelcome Spectre
Feb 2, 2005
San Diego
www.mib.org
so is it save to say Mancester Monachs are folding and being replaced by Ontario Reign or is a NHL prob just going to just have a affiliate with them

No, it's not SAFE to say that.

The AHL Monarchs are MOVING to Ontario, and being renamed the Reign.
The ECHL Reign are MOVING to Manchester, and being renamed the Monarchs.
ing
The franchises (as well as the Kings affiliations) are swapping places and names.

Hoodaha

Aug 8, 2014
Norfolk (Ducks) to San Diego Gulls
Manchester (Kings) to Ontario Reign
Oklahoma City (Oilers) to Bakersfield TBD
Adirondack (Flames) to Stockton TBD
Worcester (Sharks) to San Jose TBD

olebaron

Aug 27, 2014
Oklahoma City
The OKC Barons became history when they lost to Utica in the 7th game. Even though the Barons lost, it was a great series. Edmonton preferred to stay in OKC for 2 or 3 years; however, it was necessary for Prodigal sports to negotiate an arena lease for that length of time. Negotiations with Edmonton ended when OKC would not accept an arena lease for less than 8 to 10 years. The rumor (reported on TV) now is that the Dallas Stars will bring their ECHL affiliate here (from Boise) for the 16-17 season. If this is correct, Boise will be open for another team; so let the speculation begin. My guess is that Vancouver would make their westward movement by moving their AHL team from Utica to Boise.

Agalloch

EliteProspects
Sep 18, 2002
Lachute, QC
Visit site
The OKC Barons became history when they lost to Utica in the 7th game. Even though the Barons lost, it was a great series. Edmonton preferred to stay in OKC for 2 or 3 years; however, it was necessary for Prodigal sports to negotiate an arena lease for that length of time. Negotiations with Edmonton ended when OKC would not accept an arena lease for less than 8 to 10 years. The rumor (reported on TV) now is that the Dallas Stars will bring their ECHL affiliate here (from Boise) for the 16-17 season. If this is correct, Boise will be open for another team; so let the speculation begin. My guess is that Vancouver would make their westward movement by moving their AHL team from Utica to Boise.

I think Boise go to the WHL.

Clinton Comets EHL

Feb 18, 2014

I can't see this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad