AHL Live?

RustedBlades

Jun 13, 2018
Is anyone successfully using AHL TV with an Amazon Fire TV stick?
AHL TV Control Panel.png
The app control panel opens but when I choose a game it crashes. I have made numerous requests to Tech Support with none of their suggestions working.

AHL TV works great on my laptop plugged in to TV, on my Android phone and tablet but can't get it working on FireTV as advertised. Was really looking forward to not having to plug laptop in to tv.

Reactions: JMCx4

Avsrule2022

"No more rats"
Apr 4, 2012
Longmont, CO
Is anyone successfully using AHL TV with an Amazon Fire TV stick?View attachment 150137 The app control panel opens but when I choose a game it crashes. I have made numerous requests to Tech Support with none of their suggestions working.

AHL TV works great on my laptop plugged in to TV, on my Android phone and tablet but can't get it working on FireTV as advertised. Was really looking forward to not having to plug laptop in to tv.

I just hooked mine up yesterday and it worked fine. I have 1GB internet tho so I don't know if that has anything to do with it/

RustedBlades

Jun 13, 2018
I just hooked mine up yesterday and it worked fine. I have 1GB internet tho so I don't know if that has anything to do with it/

How old is your Fire Stick? Do you know the model number?
I'm getting no help from Tech support.
I just ordered a new model that will come out next week. Hoping that will work.
Thanks for the help.

Avsrule2022

"No more rats"
Apr 4, 2012
Longmont, CO
How old is your Fire Stick? Do you know the model number?
I'm getting no help from Tech support.
I just ordered a new model that will come out next week. Hoping that will work.
Thanks for the help.

I bought it last week. Not sure what model, but it has the voice search thing on the remote.

I have to say I've also tried the Roku and the Chromecast both for AHLtv and I like the fire stick best. Roku close second.

RustedBlades

Jun 13, 2018
I bought it last week. Not sure what model, but it has the voice search thing on the remote.

I have to say I've also tried the Roku and the Chromecast both for AHLtv and I like the fire stick best. Roku close second.

Thanks for the input! Mine is over a year old so their must be something different. Hope my new one works.

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
Glad to hear these thoughts. Making a decision on which platform to buy so I can watch this on my TV.

JMCx4

Censorship is the Sincerest Form of Flattery
Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
... I have 1GB internet tho so I don't know if that has anything to do with it/
So you're tapped right into the Colorado NORAD net, Avs? I sure hope they don't have to track dozens of nuclear re-entry vehicles while you're doing rewinds on bad offsides calls against the Eagles. :(

Reactions: Avsrule2022

pegcity

Feb 9, 2011
Winnipeg
I’ve been unable to watch any game on my account. It seems kind of ridiculous that it takes so long for tech support to fix what you would think is a simple issue.

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
Testing my new Amazon Fire Stick to stream this Manitoba/Milwaukee game on my TV. Seems to work very well even with my slow internet.

Reactions: Avsrule2022

RustedBlades

Jun 13, 2018
Yes. Desktop and laptop. Mac and windows.

Did you purchase a specific team package or entire league? Seems strange it wont work on any device.
Have you tried on demand games?
I would keep sending tech support emails, daily if necessary, until they resolve the issue. I would also save every email. You should at least get a full refund if you cant get it to work.
Might want to try setting up another account, purchase a single game; if it works they should be able to just switch your accounts.

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
Yeah, fundamentally it doesn't make much sense. There isn't even a specific app (aside from the AHL one) that should be screwing it up. You just go to the website sign in and play.

pegcity

Feb 9, 2011
Winnipeg
Did you purchase a specific team package or entire league? Seems strange it wont work on any device.
Have you tried on demand games?
I would keep sending tech support emails, daily if necessary, until they resolve the issue. I would also save every email. You should at least get a full refund if you cant get it to work.
Might want to try setting up another account, purchase a single game; if it works they should be able to just switch your accounts.
Team package, all games. I asked if they could give me another account and they said it wouldn’t help. Apparently I need to wait 2-3 weeks to get this resolved for some reason.

RustedBlades

Jun 13, 2018
Testing my new Amazon Fire Stick to stream this Manitoba/Milwaukee game on my TV. Seems to work very well even with my slow internet.

Just got a brand new latest generation 4K Fire Stick and it does not work either. The app crashes when I select a game. Tech support is zero help. I don't get it. Shouldn't be this hard.

RustedBlades

Jun 13, 2018
Team package, all games. I asked if they could give me another account and they said it wouldn’t help. Apparently I need to wait 2-3 weeks to get this resolved for some reason.
This issue I don't understand at all. How can an account not work on any device and a new account not correct it. Are they saying if you opened a new account it wouldn't work. How is that possible. Something really strange in that logic???

RustedBlades

Jun 13, 2018
Just got a brand new latest generation 4K Fire Stick and it does not work either. The app crashes when I select a game. Tech support is zero help. I don't get it. Shouldn't be this hard.

I have discovered I had a safe browsing option on my Xfinity Xfi app turned on which was blocking the site. Turned that off and it works great. I recommend the Fire TV for sure!

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
So I bought this like a month ago and have missed have the games already. Is there a way to record them so I can watch when I have time? I know they say you can watch on demand but I haven't figured that out either.

MrGrinch

Jul 27, 2011
I bought the team pass early and am enjoying it much on my Apple TV with the ios app for the device. Anyone else getting all games open and available to them like me (ie not just the team I subscribed to)? Been this way the whole season so far me; can watch any game I want.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad