AHL Live?

JMCx4

Censorship is the Sincerest Form of Flattery
Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
FYI - Free games all weekend (Fri. October 5th to Mon. October 8th) if you create an account on the AHLTV registration site. Gives you an opening weekend chance to decide whether the quality is good enough for you to buy a subscription. :popcorn:

Canadian Game

Jul 18, 2005
Ontario
Has anyone found the Roku app yet? I was hoping to watch the Eagles tonight :nod:
I don't have Roku but on the website under "How to watch" it says visit the Roku store from your device and search for 'AHLTV'. (Available October 2018)

If you can't find it, I wonder if it maybe isn't available for Roku just yet.

account deactivated

Feb 28, 2008
ATX
Checking out the feeds right now before the games start and they look pretty damn good, but the mobile "app" is a problem. You select AHLTV in the AHL app and it brings up a landing page to sign in and it basically loads up the website in app with the AHL border at the top. No way to full screen it and if you move your phone sideways and it has to refresh, you have to sign in again and select the game again. I think I'll stick to watching it on my laptop for now.

account deactivated

Feb 28, 2008
ATX
I don't have Roku but on the website under "How to watch" it says visit the Roku store from your device and search for 'AHLTV'. (Available October 2018)

If you can't find it, I wonder if it maybe isn't available for Roku just yet.

According to the posts on Twitter between fans and the AHL and Roku, it just isn't ready yet.

Foppa Frossa

May 11, 2006
Denver, CO
Video quality seems very good. Feed quality will depend on the arena. The Toronto - Utica game seemed to have a very high camera angle similar to the NHL. The Cleveland Monsters game is definitely closer to ice level.

Reactions: JMCx4

JMCx4

Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
So far, so very good with video quality with my new high-speed cable service for Period 1 of each of four Friday night games out east. Audio quality varies from facility to facility, with some of them only feeding one channel; and the audio feed is entirely silent in Utica, but at least they had a banner under the video window advising that reported they're working on it. I'm not sure what the "Tag Game Event" buttons are at the bottom of the game page.
icon_e_confused.gif

I'm gonna surf around as the other games start, to get a feel for the differences from arena to arena. Saturday or Sunday I was planning to give the mobile feeds a try to see what extras they have to offer; but I may change my mind based on what @The Dallas Jims posted above. In the early going, this to me is certainly a promising hockey media product just for the PC video quality alone.

Reactions: The Dallas Jims

JMCx4

Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
Video quality seems very good. Feed quality will depend on the arena. The Toronto - Utica game seemed to have a very high camera angle similar to the NHL. The Cleveland Monsters game is definitely closer to ice level.
Camera position in Rochester is very high up & distant as well. YMMV

account deactivated

Feb 28, 2008
ATX
So far, so very good with video quality with my new high-speed cable service for Period 1 of each of four Friday night games out east. Audio quality varies from facility to facility, with some of them only feeding one channel; and the audio feed is entirely silent in Utica, but at least they had a banner under the video window advising that reported they're working on it. I'm not sure what the "Tag Game Event" buttons are at the bottom of the game page.
icon_e_confused.gif

I'm gonna surf around as the other games start, to get a feel for the differences from arena to arena. Saturday or Sunday I was planning to give the mobile feeds a try to see what extras they have to offer; but I may change my mind based on what @The Dallas Jims posted above. In the early going, this to me is certainly a promising hockey media product just for the PC video quality alone.

If you try it out and you're on iOS, let us know if it displays the same way for your app as it does for my Android.

JMCx4

Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
Multiple cameras @ Wells Fargo Arena in Des Moines. Very reminiscent of an NHL production. :thumbu:

JMCx4

Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
Annoying switches from wide angle to closer views in Cedar Park @ H-E-B Center. I do enjoy listening to the GR Griffins play-by-play guy, though. :popcorn:

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
No problem switching views on my iPhone6.

The audio from the Hartford game is sketchy only coming from one channel.

Reactions: JMCx4

JMCx4

Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
I just noticed I'm only seeing the box scores from the first four games of the night in the banner above the video window, no matter which feed I'm viewing. That means if I want to switch to other game feeds, I have to click on the Schedule link in the left side bar to access the other games. Not ideal.

ETA: I do like that they list game start times according to my local time zone. Cuts down on my thinking moments on game nights. :wally:

Last edited:

JMCx4

Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
Colorado's video quality is the grainiest I've seen tonight, and the camera work has been jumpy early in play. Probably just a learning curve for the camera operators.

The Flying Octopus

Sep 18, 2017
Birmingham
Wait, is the AHL running clock? If not, then this theahl.com clock system is alllll sorts of messed up.
Please tell me I am not missing something there....

rabinsurance

Jul 5, 2007
I hope people understand that these are scoreboard feeds, these are not NHL-quality productions. The cameras are an afterthought in most of these places. Having said that, compared to the over-priced garbage that those idiots at NeuLion presented, so far this is heads and shoulders better in video quality. One thing that always plagued NeuLion's "productions" (I really hesitate to call it that), is that they often started the games with audio-sync issues, and often had to manually "pause" the audio to have it "catch up" with the video. I hope we don't have that with this. But in their first day of business, they seem more competent than those other idiots ever were in the 10 years or so they were doing AHL Live. At about 1/4th the price.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->