AHL LIVE Sucks

rabinsurance

Jul 5, 2007
I've had it for years, and every season I have to send an angry email, to which they respond sheepishly and give me a free game credit. BFD. They sent me a survey after last season and asked what they could do to improve their service. I told them they should fire everyone, set their building on fire, collect the insurance, and start over. I didn't win the free year of service they were offering.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
I've had it for years, and every season I have to send an angry email, to which they respond sheepishly and give me a free game credit. BFD. They sent me a survey after last season and asked what they could do to improve their service. I told them they should fire everyone, set their building on fire, collect the insurance, and start over. I didn't win the free year of service they were offering.
This makes me glad that I have never gotton involved with AHL Live. I have NEVER heard anything positive about their service. I am amused by somebody with insurance in their screen name advocating arson, even if it is clearly a joke!

Reactions: Rigafan

rabinsurance

Jul 5, 2007
I don't handle property and casualty. But I feel comfortable with the fact that they would be far too stupid to be able to do it correctly.

Reactions: Rigafan

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
It has its quirks that's for sure. They actually have @neulionsupport that they respond to on Twitter. For the price they charge it's a joke but there's no other way to see AHL. Any other feed originates from there anyway. They should be ashamed that the junior league outpace their quality though. So many bad cameras, operators and no basic things like replays or the score. But it works most of the time so there's that.

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
YMMV

I was watching Barracuda @ Heat game Saturday. There was score and SOG, but no PIM listing.

Basically you are beholden to what the home team puts on their video screen because that's the feed you are watching. I assume Stockton has a penalty clock on the physical scoreboard, which is why they don't put it in the video window. Someone should make a suggestion to the Heat that they add it to the overlay screen (and drop SOG)

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Yeah I know every arena is a bit different but there are some who put no information up and/or don't use replay at all. The amount of crowd shots is extremely gratuitous in the AHL too for some reason.

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
Yeah I know every arena is a bit different but there are some who put no information up and/or don't use replay at all. The amount of crowd shots is extremely gratuitous in the AHL too for some reason.

Because basically the in house game night crew's priority is entertaining the crowd, not the maybe dozen or so people watching at home on a given night. It's not like someone is producing an actual television game broadcast.

Crunchrulz

Apr 30, 2010
USA
Lost the Crunch-Comets feed with about three minutes to go in the game last night. Never came back. Given the way the Crunch looked for the 57 minutes before that, probably a good thing.

BigRangy

Get well soon oliver
Mar 17, 2015
Is there any improvement yet?

I’ll probably get it next year but if it’s still as bad as everyone says it is then no go for me.

Also, can you watch multiple games at once on several devices? Or is it only one device, one game?

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
There's a "split screen" mode where you can watch up to 4 games at once.

App on phone. Website on computer. But can't watch on my Amazon Fire tablet (won't allow me to stream via website and no app on Amazon to download. FML). They don't respond to tweets. Have not seen a way of reporting issue.

Have had some buffering issues of late. And the stream just "stopping". Having to restart is a pain (as I sometimes get involved in something for intermission and end up realizing the period should have started already and find I've missed 5 minutes).

Reactions: Connor McDaigle

ek93

Dec 28, 2014
New York
Is there any improvement yet?

I’ll probably get it next year but if it’s still as bad as everyone says it is then no go for me.

Also, can you watch multiple games at once on several devices? Or is it only one device, one game?
In my personal opinion it has gotten a little better. It used to be borderline unwatchable, between the streams buffering/not working at all, and the shoddy in-game presentations. I've watched probably 5 games on there this year, and haven't experienced a problem yet.

It really all depends which broadcast you're watching. For me, I can justify spending some money to watch some Binghamton Devils games because they're pretty good quality. Some teams up until recently didn't even have a time clock or a power play clock on their broadcast (some still might not, I only watch teams the Devils play).

Overall though I would say that it has been improving, because this is the first year I've been watching AHL Live where I haven't had to try to contact them about some issue. :laugh:

ek93

Dec 28, 2014
New York
Having to restart is a pain (as I sometimes get involved in something for intermission and end up realizing the period should have started already and find I've missed 5 minutes).

I experienced something similar to this the other night, where I got the game up at about 6:54 for a 7:05 start, went to make some food and never heard the game come on. It was still on the "Game will begin shortly" screen. I came back at about 7:08 and saw that the screen hadn't changed, so I refreshed the game and saw that I had missed a few minutes. Nothing major, but just kind of an annoying little thing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad