Post-Game Talk: {AHL} Laval Rocket vs. Toronto Marlies (Big Game! Huge Win: Laval Wins 2-1)

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I believe the mariles are the top road PP in the league, I thought I heard them say that during the game (i was listening in French but later switched)

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
source.gif

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Bouchard said it a few weeks ago, Laval was playing better and having success when some of their vets out of the line-up and they had a less talented group. But they were a lot more committed and worked harder and that translated to success. It's only been two games, so careful not to get ahead of ourselves, but they looked like a completely different team the last couple of games.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Sounds like they beat a tough opponent and were able to shut it down.

If Bergevin is going to sit in his ass and do jack, he can maybe left a finger and get them some help. A guy like Brennan to move the puck and bring some offense from the back end, or maybe Petrovic from Boston, well Providence.

Reactions: DAChampion

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Olofsson was good tonight. Particularly on the PK. Alzner would be proud of him.

Brook probably played his two best games of the year last night and today. As @montreal mentioned earlier, it could be because he's given a top pair role.

Fleury could do better, but he was good today.

Poehling probably played his best game in a while tonight, also.

Kotkaniemi, Evans, and Hudon may not have put up any points, but they had another great game together.

Vejdemo was real good, too. It was also good to see Alain get a goal, particularly from a one timer slapshot as he has an elite shot.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I'm guessing they get Alzner back for the next game as you don't want to play those teams and have a guy that was just playing in the CIS in your top 4. So that should help at least.

They could call up Sturtz if they think he could help. I haven't heard any updates on Cox, Jevpalovs, Cuddemi. I know Pelletier was skating. They need to sign someone to give them some help on the blueline though.

Ylonen has only 7 more games left in the season, I wonder if they would bring him over or just let him rest and train in the off-season.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I'm guessing they get Alzner back for the next game as you don't want to play those teams and have a guy that was just playing in the CIS in your top 4. So that should help at least.

They could call up Sturtz if they think he could help. I haven't heard any updates on Cox, Jevpalovs, Cuddemi. I know Pelletier was skating. They need to sign someone to give them some help on the blueline though.

Ylonen has only 7 more games left in the season, I wonder if they would bring him over or just let him rest and train in the off-season.

I would love to see Ylonen come over. Columbus didn't let Texier rest after his Liiga season. They signed him and brought him over right away.

The thing is, how would it work for the playoffs if Laval qualifies? Would he be eligible?

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I would love to see Ylonen come over. Columbus didn't let Texier rest after his Liiga season. They signed him and brought him over right away.

The thing is, how would it work for the playoffs if Laval qualifies? Would he be eligible?

any player that signs an ELC can play in the regular season or playoffs. So guys like Ylonen, Hillis, etc.. can play when their season is over. You just can't have guys that have been under NHL contract before come over. Like say Dietz or Scherbak, those kind of players are not eligible.

Reactions: Adam Michaels

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
any player that signs an ELC can play in the regular season or playoffs. So guys like Ylonen, Hillis, etc.. can play when their season is over. You just can't have guys that have been under NHL contract before come over. Like say Dietz or Scherbak, those kind of players are not eligible.

Nice. Thanks!

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
If they don't get any help and Blandisi is out, I do wonder if they will be able to keep that top line together or will they have to break it up to spread out the offense. I know many won't want to but Evans is at his best at center and Poehling isn't getting it done on the 2nd line. It's going to be tough to make the playoffs if they don't find a solid 2nd line.

I don't know if they would try a Veilleux Dauphin Alain line perhaps, put Poehling on the 3rd line with Vejdemo and Lynch. The problem is there's no one to play on the top line with Hudon/Kotka.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->