Post-Game Talk: {AHL} Laval Rocket vs. Toronto Marlies (Big Game! Huge Win: Laval Wins 2-1)

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
ERWqFzaW4AAzRfH.jpg

News & Notes

- Cayden Primeau will get the start.

- Karl Alzner was called up to Montreal after last night's game.

- Ryan Culkin and Nathanael Halbert will play on defense after Alzner's call up and Evan McEneny's injury.

ERZeBzZWAAENMGY.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: DAChampion

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Pretty much a must-win game. Should be entertaining!

Must win is an understatement. Last night's win was big, but Syracuse and Binghamton won last night also. So Laval stands pat in the standings. If they win today in regulation, they will move ahead of Toronto, though the Marlies have 3 games in hand right now.

A win in OT or SO would still be wins and points they'd need. But they'd be tied in points with Toronto in that case, but Toronto would still remain ahead of Laval in the standings due to their games in hand.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
We've difficulties every time against them. Let's change this once and for all.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Sticking with Primeau is the right call, he's been up and down all season but it's still better than Kinkaid . That dude must have run over a gypsy with his car at some point or something cause he's cursed big time.

Reactions: Andrei79

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
The first line can carry them if they can be as good defensively as they were last night.

It's really fun to see Laval have a legit first line that can make the difference. And what makes me even more happy is that two of the three on that line are prospects.

I can only think of what the team would look like with Teasdale healthy. I picture him on the second line right now with Poehling.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
It's really fun to see Laval have a legit first line that can make the difference. And what makes me even more happy is that two of the three on that line are prospects.

I can only think of what the team would look like with Teasdale healthy. I picture him on the second line right now with Poehling.

I'm just crossing my fingers they've started learning from their mistakes and will start taking care of the AHL club.

With the pressure being what it is in this market, I'd like to see them follow a Lou Lamoriello's Devils development model where players would stay a long time to work on their games.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I'm just crossing my fingers they've started learning from their mistakes and will start taking care of the AHL club.

With the pressure being what it is in this market, I'd like to see them follow a Lou Lamoriello's Devils development model where players would stay a long time to work on their games.

The Wings had a lot of success with that model also.

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
They're 2 points from a playoff spot. It's a tightly contested division.
Man they need to make it to the playoffs. I'd ask Suzuki if he'd be OK with finishing off the year in Laval. It's up to him of course but a deep playoff run could really help the young guys

domiwroze

Nov 14, 2014
Man they need to make it to the playoffs. I'd ask Suzuki if he'd be OK with finishing off the year in Laval. It's up to him of course but a deep playoff run could really help the young guys

That's a big NO ! Suzuki is PPG for the pat 25-30 games and he's making a run for the Calder ... You can't insult the kid with that.
He's already a great #2 C in the NHL..

Reactions: Acadien86

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

I agree. It would be sweet to get Suzuki if they end up making the playoffs. But the answer will come by Monday's 3PM trade deadline. Because if a player isn't technically on the AHL roster by the TDL, that player will not be eligible to play in the AHL playoffs should the team qualify.

They'd need to send Suzuki down by then. And it would only be a paper transaction. He wouldn't physically need to be down there or play. It would only be a technicality to make him eligible for the playoffs.

Selfishly, I want that to happen. But I don't think they will. When you consider he played a full season of junior last year, plus going all the way to win the OHL Championship and then again play at the Memorial Cup, take some time off and then come back for camp and playing this full season. Management may prefer to give him some rest because he's played a lot of hockey the past two years.

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
I agree. It would be sweet to get Suzuki if they end up making the playoffs. But the answer will come by Monday's 3PM trade deadline. Because if a player isn't technically on the AHL roster by the TDL, that player will not be eligible to play in the AHL playoffs should the team qualify.

They'd need to send Suzuki down by then. And it would only be a paper transaction. He wouldn't physically need to be down there or play. It would only be a technicality to make him eligible for the playoffs.

Selfishly, I want that to happen. But I don't think they will. When you consider he played a full season of junior last year, plus going all the way to win the OHL Championship and then again play at the Memorial Cup, take some time off and then come back for camp and playing this full season. Management may prefer to give him some rest because he's played a lot of hockey the past two years.
Yeah they could always just send him down and bring him right back up. Would be a wise precautionary move. Having Suzuki there would be a massive boost for Laval.

And yeah it's entirely up to Suzuki here. I would think that he'd be up for it.

Reactions: Canadienna

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
That's a big NO ! Suzuki is PPG for the pat 25-30 games and he's making a run for the Calder ... You can't insult the kid with that.
He's already a great #2 C in the NHL..
It's not insulting. You'd just be giving him the option to play in some meaningful games if he wants to. AHL playoffs start a week later so he can still finish out the year

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
Hey all, that 1 ticket is still up for grabs to this game. If you want it for free lmk. 1 ticket right behind the bench i believe is where it is

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Real talk ..have the Rocket ever beat the Marlies?

Seems every time I pay attention they're always losing to them lol

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Real talk ..have the Rocket ever beat the Marlies?

Seems every time I pay attention they're always losing to them lol

They pretty much split the games with them. They win and lose to them. One of Laval's biggest comebacks was against Toronto earlier this season.

The team Laval always struggles against is Belleville. They just don't have an answer for that team.

Reactions: 417

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->