Post-Game Talk: {AHL} Laval Rocket vs. Rockford IceHogs (Laval lose 3-2 SO)

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
Nothing but regrets. It wasn't meant to be like this. We made it harder than easier. I'm blaming only ourselves. We've to be ashamed.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
The SO was terrible for the Laval skaters.

Kinkaid wasn't bad, that first goal was because Ouellet just did a dumb play at the point on the PP to cause a breakaway. The 2nd goal just trickled in.

Laval was all over them in the 1st, what a great period but when you are missing 4 of your top 5 goal scorers, you best defensive D and best goalie it's going to be tough.

I'll say this though, this is what people that don't watch our AHL team each year don't get. They give the we didn't have anything to work with in the AHL under the previous coach (despite having the best player in the AHL and a guy that won defensemen of the Year the previous year, plus other solid vets) but those teams sucked yet when this years team is missing an entire top 2 lines worth of talent, at one point half of their top 6 on defense and their best goalie for a little (though he hasn't been playing like their best goalie for some time now) yet they just played 2 of their better games of the season on Friday and tonight (I missed Saturday's game, first one this year I didn't get to see) despite missing so much talent and one of those games was against one of the best and hottest teams in the AHL.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012

Hudon on the PP with assists by Ouellet and Evans.

That's Hudon's 12th of the season.

Alain shorthanded assisted by Brook. What a play by Brook there.

That's Alain's 6th of the season.

yeah nice feed after getting hit.

I'm feeling the Josh Brook hype again.

Glad he's starting to do well. I'll admit I was a BIT worried but from the little I've seen he just has too much going for him to be a dud. I've definitely cooled my jets a little on him being a top pairing guy but I still think he can be a big piece going forward.

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
Brook had a very strong 1st, he had a good defensive play and then was in on both goals for Laval. He picked a good time with MB there.

McCarron though needs to be less selfish, just because he got cross checked in the back, you don't try to start a fight while on the PP. He's really disappointed me this year, he was much better last year before the injury.

Hudon sure can score in the AHL. He's fired some bullets, but I notice in the AHL he's not physical and in the NHL he seems to go out of his way to take the body.
I notice Hudon in the AHL. Cause he has time and space. So he can brings some points. In the NHL. Everything is quicker. So he isnt able to upgrade his pace and bring points so he is grinding

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad