Post-Game Talk: {AHL} Laval Rocket vs. Lehigh Valley Phantoms (Laval Wins 4-0, Primeau 2nd SO)

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
GOAL! Ouellet 11 seconds into the 3rd period!

Pretty bad goal for Berube to give up. But that shot actually looked like a banana shot, dipping its way to the net.

Veilleux and McCarron with the assists.

3rd game in a row Ouellet scores a goal.

Veilleux now has 5 pts in 5 GP. 3 goals and 2 assists.

Reactions: jaffy27

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
McEneny has been solid since they added him, looks to be a nice pickup. I know Cuddemi had a 4 goal game this year in the ECHL as I'm watching the game with the LV play by play and he played for the flyers ECHL team so the LV play by play has been talking about him. Still though would love to get Varone, Juulsen, Peca, Vejdemo back.

Hudon's goal was sick and he's only 4 off the AHL lead in goals despite being up with the Habs.

Primeau has been solid although this was a team he needs to do well against.

So glad to have Barber back, he's a huge addition just as Varone will be next weekend although I'm sure he'll be a bit rusty.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Good self control by Pezzetta there as he was going to finish a check on Friedman. Friedman ended up turning his back to backhand the puck into the Laval zone. Pezzetta was going in hard, but he slowed down and mostly shoved the guy into the boards instead of hitting him full force.

But as the final horn goes off, Lehigh Valley all went to pay a visit to Pezzetta. Nothing more than a scrum and words exchanged.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Pezzetta goes after Ratcliffe at the end of the game, guess he wanted to send a message as we face LV next weekend.

I missed the part where Pezzetta went after Ratcliffe. I thought Lehigh Valley went after Pezzetta because he hit Friedman from behind (though it wasn't too dangerous as Pezzetta actually showed some restraint). But the Pantom's bench didn't like that when it happened. So I thought they went to pay him a visit for that. And as you say, set the stage for the rematch.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
there's no way he would have stood there and let Ratcliffe whack Primeau 3 or 4 times though was my point. Pezzetta would have dropped the gloves as well.
Yeah, that stuff pissed me off too. I know the game has changed and all but I hate seeing players doing stuff like that and getting away with it scott free.

Edit: looks like Pezzetta did do something about it. Good on him.

Reactions: dralaf and jaffy27

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I missed the part where Pezzetta went after Ratcliffe. I thought Lehigh Valley went after Pezzetta because he hit Friedman from behind (though it wasn't too dangerous as Pezzetta actually showed some restraint). But the Pantom's bench didn't like that when it happened. So I thought they went to pay him a visit for that. And as you say, set the stage for the rematch.

the LV play by play said Pezzetta went after him and was throwing punches but I didn't see it.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Laval wins their 3rd in a row but tomorrow night is a big game as they start a home and home with the Crunch who are right below them in the standings so we don't want them to catch us. Plus the last game vs the Crunch, Conacher was taunting Laval so we'll see if they remember that or not.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Quite a few favorable results tonight. Not a perfect night, but some that help Laval.

- Syracuse beat Toronto in regulation. The key here is mostly that it was a regulation result and not in OT, which would result in both teams getting points.

Syracuse stays 3 pts behind Laval (2 games in hand) ; Laval is 1 pt behind Toronto, who sit in 3rd place (3 games in hand)

- Springfield beat Utica in regulation. Springfield is in the other division so no bearing on Laval. Utica losing in regulation also helps Laval.

Laval is 4 pts behind Utica, who sit in 2nd place (Utica has 1 game in hand).

- Rochester beat Belleville in OT. It would have been preferable if it was in regulation. However, Belleville losing means they didn't pick up the 2 points.

Laval remains 1 pt behind Belleville, who hold the final playoff spot at 4th. The Sens have 2 games in hand.

- Cleveland beat Milwaukee in OT. Cleveland remains behind Laval in the standings, but it would have been nice if a non-division team beat the division rival.

Cleveland is 5 pts behind Laval. The Monsters have 2 games in hand.

Reactions: cphabs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad