Post-Game Talk: {AHL} Laval Rocket vs. Lehigh Valley Phantoms (Laval Wins 4-0, Primeau 2nd SO)

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Laval heads into the first intermission up 2-0.

- Hudon with a goal and an assist. He now has 16 pts in his last 15 GP.

- Jake Evans with his 8th point in his last three games. He also has 21 pts in 19 games, and there are still two periods left tonight.

- Barber, even though there was a long pause between tonight and his last game with Laval, now has 19 pts in his last 18 GP.

Reactions: HelloBellyvo

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
What a terrible decision by Ouellet. He was behind the Laval net, no pressure and had two players near him. He opts for the stretch pass instead, but he missed his pass and causes icing.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Laval to the PP.

They had a good first minute. But no goal. Came close. Hudon missed an open net, but the puck was in the air and he tried to bat it in.

McCarron is playing a real good game. Using his size and long reach effectively tonight.

Reactions: AlexGretzchenvid

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Laval is looking better with some of the vets back from injuries/Montreal. LV is a bad team so it's not saying much but still, I'll take it.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Barber is 100 times more useful in Laval. I'd rather have Weise in Montreal when they need a warm body to play a few jabroni minutes. Ditto for Hudon really .

I feel the exact same way. Barber in the NHL is like Weise in the NHL. Just another body. In the AHL, Barber contributes offensively a lot. Weise in the AHL doesn't.

So between the two, one of them is at least useful in one of the two leagues.

And despite it all, at least Weise has a lot of NHL experience, so at least he knows what to expect. Whereas Barber only had 3 NHL games in his career before he was called up.

Reactions: Le Barron de HF

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad