Post-Game Talk: {AHL} Laval Rocket @ Utica Comets (The Losses Are Piling Up: Laval Loses 3-2)

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
EQlYpCXXkAEiE-L.jpg

News & Notes

- Cayden Primeau will get the start.

- Michael McNiven will be the back-up. Meaning Keith Kinkaid will not dress tonight.

- The Laval Rocket signed Yannick Veilleux to an AHL deal for the rest of the year after signing him to a PTO.

- Antoine Waked will play. Michael Pezzetta will sit out.

EQm5RsfXsAAghOa.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: habsfan891

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
Let's make this official... Play the best players. No freakin favoritism (ever again). I want their lines combos to be top. This is the winning formula after all.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Posted the line-up in the OP.

Some new defensive pairings:

Alzner and Fleury reunited.

Brook with Leskinen sounds interesting.

I also like that Poehling gets Peca and Barber. Peca hasn't been doing much. But it's still good to have him with Poehling.

Varone is dropped down to 3C.

I like Lynch, but I guess the fact Evans is still in Montreal doesn't give Bouchard many options for Hudon/Kotkaniemi. Cox and Vejdemo are still injured and didn't travel with the team. Would think that either Cox or Vejdemo would have been up there on the top line had they been available.

I wouldn't mind seeing Alain being given a shot there.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
damn was hoping Vejdemo would be back.

I like Alzner with Fleury as Fleury has been on the ice for way too many goals against since coming back. I think Leskinen Brook sounds terrible as both are weak physically and in their own end, I would have put Brook with Olofsson.

They better get their shit together real quick cause these next few games are really tough ones.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
That goal started when Kotkaniemi stopped a Utica clearance at the blue line and made sure the Comets couldn't get the puck off him as he was passing it around to his linemates. That gave Laval the chance to have sustained possession in the offensive zone. Then Laval was able to make a line change and the Dauphin line was able to keep the pressure on that ended up with the Leskinen goal.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
And now Utica gets called. A 4-on-3 PP for Utica.

3 penalties called back-to-back at the end of the period after both teams were disciplined.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
:laugh: Utica trying to convince the refs that the puck that deflected off Alzner's stick and into the crowd was on purpose and that Alzner flipped it over.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
f***. Primeau lifted his pad, if he kept it there I don't think that goes in. but the D or Poehling need to get their quicker, can't have a guy standing in front of Primeau wacking at the puck.

Reactions: AlexGretzchenvid

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->