Post-Game Talk: {AHL} Laval Rocket @ Toronto Marlies (Ugly Performance: Laval Loses 5-2)

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
They need to pick better vets for Laval. These are some really big games and yet in the past 3 games we have gotten a total of 0 pts from Varone (0 pts last 3 games), Peca (1 pt in last 11 games), Dauphin (1 pt last 10 games). At least Barber has 2 pts in the last 3 games.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
They need to pick better vets for Laval. These are some really big games and yet in the past 3 games we have gotten a total of 0 pts from Varone (0 pts last 3 games), Peca (1 pt in last 11 games), Dauphin (1 pt last 10 games). At least Barber has 2 pts in the last 3 games.

That's what I keep saying....yet, I thought Varone and Barber fit that bill. Peca...wow, just falling off a cliff....

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
as for the goalies, they should have brought up McNiven when he was red hot, not after giving up 13 goals in 2 games. LaCouvee might have been the better choice as he has been heating up of late with just 4 goals against in the last 5 games.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
That's what I keep saying....yet, I thought Varone and Barber fit that bill. Peca...wow, just falling off a cliff....

Peca was starting to something before his call up so I don't know if the injury is still lingering or not but he's done just about nothing since coming back down, looks like a shell of what he did earlier so perhaps the injury is still bothering him but even before that his numbers on the year are just not what you would expect from a guy fighting to get back to the NHL after spending a full year there.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Laval's PP is real bad tonight. They've had 5 PPs so far with nothing to show for it. More than that, they struggled on them and couldn't at the very least get momentum out of them.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
And Laval now going back on the PP. Their 6th on the night.

Marlies defenseman whiffs on the puck and Dauphin picks the puck up and goes to the net. Poehling goes in for the rebound. But gets slashed.

And Toronto scores shorthanded to make it 4-1.

HelloBellyvo

Jul 2, 2019
Okay. Yea Leroux isn't the most exciting play-by-play guy. The best one to listen to is Anthony Marcotte on the 91.9 Sports FM radio broadcast and the AHL TV stream (who uses the 91.9 Sports FM broadcast).
Ok thx I'll keep that in mind.
Next time will try syncing radio w TV

Reactions: Adam Michaels

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Kincaid should be sent home with pay. Go with the kids.

Honestly, I know they can't terminate his contract without his consent. However, for me, he should just be kept from playing. They have three goalies right now, so one always sits out. Kinkaid should permanently be the one sitting out. They should go with Primeau/McNiven.

Kinkaid has done nothing, absolutely NOTHING, to even be playing in the AHL.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
Thats some sloppy and brutal hockey, a comedy of mistakes and lack of execution, the Bouchard's effect I guess...:sarcasm:

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad