Post-Game Talk: {AHL} Laval Rocket @ Syracuse Crunch (Laval Wins Their 5th in a Row 7-5)

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
big win, they swept the home and home vs the Crunch were just 3 pts behind us and are now 7 back to give us a little room.

Five goals against for Primeau. Were the goals stoppable?

it was more from defensive break downs at least the first few. But still not good as you never want to see your top goalie prospect give up a 5 spot.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
they actually had to forfeit the game so it goes down as a 1-0 loss.

That is stupid of the AHL. Is there a reason why they had to technically forfeit when the reason was a serious medical emergency? Now, it must be said that the Marlies don't give a crap about the points or the "loss." I just think that because of the reason, the AHL would look to reschedule the game entirely.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
That is stupid of the AHL. Is there a reason why they had to technically forfeit when the reason was a serious medical emergency? Now, it must be said that the Marlies don't give a crap about the points or the "loss." I just think that because of the reason, the AHL would look to reschedule the game entirely.

I'm not sure as I don't recall ever seeing that before.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
With this win, coupled with the unfortunate forfeiting of the Marlies, Laval climbs to 4th place in the standings and into a playoff spot.

AHL.png

- They're 4 points from first place Utica and have played the same amount of games.

- Rochester is on a slide lately. They've only won 3 of their last 10.

- Before tonight's unfortunate circumstances, Toronto has also been on a slide, having also won only 3 of their last 10. It's more like 3 of their last 9 but tonight's forfeit counts as a loss.

- Belleville continues their strong play and remains ahead of Laval. But only by one point. And after having at some point 3 games in hand, they now only have 1.

- Clevelan also lost in regulation tonight. So they stay 7 points back with 2 games in hand. Much like Syracuse, even if Cleveland wins those two games, they will still be behind Laval.

- Binghamton is last in the Division, but they've been on a tear lately. They've won 8 of their last 10. And a few of those wins were against Rochester, who at the time was 1st). They're still 10 points behind Laval. But the way they're rolling now, if they continue this trend, Laval may be seeing them slowly creep into the rearview mirror.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I know he didn't play last night but how has Brook been playing recently?

He can definitely pick up his offensive production. Because honestly, that is the only knock on him I have this year. Despite that, he's improved, particularly his defensive game. And he'll show us what makes him a good player at times when he transports the puck from Laval's zone all the way to the offenzive zone, going past opponents.

I think for the most part, he's worked on improving his defensive game, so his offensive numbers may suffer as a result. Hopefully at some point, he'll be able to combine those two aspects of the game and be a much more complete player, defensively responsible and can contribute to the production.

Reactions: DangerDave

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
No fresh news about Juulsen ?

Radio silence. No updated whatsoever. I don't blame them either. He's not around the team and he's dealing with his health issues. And when I say he's not around the team, I meant with the team directly. The organization is definitely keeping an eye on him.

Personally, I don't expect him to return at all this year. And it wouldn't surprise me if he ends up calling it quits after all of this. I don't have high hopes right now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad