Post-Game Talk: {AHL} Laval Rocket @ Syracuse Crunch (Laval Wins Their 5th in a Row 7-5)

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Not Laval's best period, but they've had worse ones, for sure. Despite being outshot 11-4 in the first period, it wasn't exactly a domination by Syracuse.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
after winning 4 in a row and then going on the road they are due for a flat one, looks like this could be the one, just hope they can bounce back since they have a 3 in 3 days so you don't want to waste any points with things so tight in their division.

You know they aren't on their game with 2 defensive breakdowns in one period.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Bouchard is developing who in Laval?

Alzner Kincane Folin Hudon !

Why people should be interested in this?

Kincane over McNiven.... why?

It's not the entire team that needs to be developed. It is common for teams to have vets and players with NHL experience. Yes, Laval has a bunch of them. But it's also their way of ensuring that they make the playoffs this year. Their goal is to give the fans in Laval that experience. So I don't blame them for stocking it up with some more experience.

As for players Bouchard is developing, to name a few: Evans, Vejdemo, Leskinen, Brook, Primeau, and Alain are a few of them. There is also Fleury in Montreal who has established himself as a full-time NHL'er this year. His year in Laval last year is a big part in why he's locked his spot. His progression throughout the season last year is a good example of what Bouchard and his coaching staff can do.

He also had Poehling for 26 games and his game had also elevated as the season progressed. I wish they send him back to Laval real soon.

As for Kinkaid over McNiven, I would also rather see McNiven. However, the goalie situation being what it is, Kinkaid will be priority over McNiven at the moment for the organization. My wish is they trade Kinkaid by the TDL and bring McNiven up to Laval for a Primeau/McNiven tandem.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
GOAL! Christian Folin ties it up!

Veilleux with a great pass to set Folin up for a one-timer.

Veilleux continues his great play since being signed to a PTO. I could see Laval offer him an AHL contract like this did McEneny to ensure he stays with them the rest of the year.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
Our transition without the puck and then going on a breakway with it is explosive. Creative we're. Finding the right partners at the right moment.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Conacher gets his with a high stick and he lies on the ice. After the whistle, Gaunce came to see Veilleux (who hit Conacher). Veilleux was ready to drop the gloves but the refs intervened before anything happened.

4-on-4 hockey coming up. Both players sent to the box.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
The AHL is really behind. The score ticker at the top left of the screen is still showing it 2-2. And their website is real late in confirming the goals and assists.

Edit: They just added the 3rd goal. Alexandre Alain (8th) assisted by Ouellet.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
When I play jump ahead or back the 15 seconds option it bugs. I'm late after. Nothing changes. Even if I refresh, sign out and in my session. That's unsual...

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Yea. He should be back in March, which is pretty much the entire season. They'll take their time with his recovery. Wouldn't be surprised if they keep him out the whole year.
I like him and don't ask me why but I felt terrible when I heard of his injury, I think that he has something special to contribute in the future.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I like him and don't ask me why but I felt terrible when I heard of his injury, I think that he has something special to contribute in the future.

Completely agree and I see it the same way. I really like him and he does have skill mixed with grit and brings size. I was very disappointed when he got hurt and even more when they said he'd need about 7-8 months of recovery. I really looked forward to seeing him

Reactions: OldCraig71

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->