GDT: {AHL} Laval Rocket @ Providence Bruins (3PM ET on AHL TV & 91.9 Sports FM)

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
EQwdDKMXsAE-_E2.jpg

News & Notes

- Cayden Primeau starts. It's hit third start in a row.

- Phil Varone and Riley Barber will be healthy scratches tonight.

EQ6v3MuWkAI1dm0.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Treb

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

Marcotte confirms that Barber and Varone will both be scratched tonight. A message sent by Bouchard as their leadership is being pointed here.

Laval was actually playing better when Varone was hurt and Barber was in Montreal.

Reactions: Treb

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Just posted the line-up in the OP.

Bouchard is going with 11 forwards and 7 defensemen.

Also, for a third game in a row, Kinkaid is watching the game from the press box. It's McNiven who is the back-up. This game in a row Bouchard goes with Primeau/McNiven.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
30 seconds into the game and Alzner screws up, loses his stick and Providence gets some chances. Primeau makes a save. And going the other way, Veilleux gets called for a penalty. So Laval is on the PK already.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
And now Providence gets called. It will be 4-on-4 hockey for a bit and then Laval will get a shortened PP.

Despite the bad offensive zone penalties to Veilleux and Dauphin, Laval did a good job on the PK.

Edit: Looks like Alain was also penalized on the same play as the Bruins' penalty. So Laval will not go on the PP.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
that was a nice play by Brook in the offensive zone, right before drawing the penalty. I'm a few minutes behind.

But holy shit, very bold move by Bouchard there, that's a make or break kind of move imo, either this is going to backfire badly and blow up in face or it could turn things around and the players get the message and start playing better.

Although I would have sat Peca over Barber.

Reactions: DAChampion

SpeedyPotato

Mar 29, 2012
Pretty balsy from Bouchard ouch, I like it, these guys were supposed to carry the team. With a limited amount of veterans allowed in the lineup, they have to make it count. Belzile, Evans and Ouellet out sure hurts though.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Ugly period.

I thought Providence did all the little things right, while I lost count of the amount of mistakes by the Rocket.

Lots of positional mistakes. Both teams kinda looked like their respective big clubs, minus the talent for Providence. I do wish we could establish a strong culture like the Bruins have. It's concerning how 3 veterans have to be sent messages at this point in the season.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Another bad period by Laval. Messy in all three zones, but they're really hanging Primeau out to dry. I think it would be 3-0 without Primeau. Some brutal turnovers and 2 odd man rushes against while Laval was on the PP. The roster decisions tonight are weird.

I'm guessing people also want some updates on the prospects:
Fleury's making some bad decisions and turnovers, but the skill is there and you can see he has potential. Brook and Poehling are non-factors. I can't believe Poehling was called up this year, he's not ready at all.

KK's made a number of potentially costly turnovers that would never fly under CJ, or any NHL coach for that matter. But, he could've also scored 2 points at least tonight with some of his offensive plays.

There's a distinct lack of structure and creativity within the team. I'd be surprised if they made the playoffs if they continue playing like this.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
There's a lot of unusual weaknesses that are being seeable for the general audience.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad