Post-Game Talk: {AHL} Laval Rocket @ Lehigh Valley Phantoms (Laval Loses 2-0. 5-Game Win Streak Snapped)

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
EOAbLfDX0AAxjgJ.jpg

News & Notes

- Keith Kinkaid will get the start.

- Josh Brook will be a healthy scratch again tonight.

EOCaWcXX4AAjXGD.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Eegs and DAChampion

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Expecting Kinkaid to get the start tonight. This is Laval's only 3 games in 3 nights this year. And tomorrow's game in Bridgeport is at 3PM ET, so tonight and tomorrow, they're playing 2 games in less than 24 hours. Which leads me to believe that Primeau will play tomorrow also.

I expect Bouchard to sit some guys out and put others in so he can have some guys rest and be fresh. Last night, Pezzetta, Wake, and Brook sat out. I expect one or all three to see some action at some point this weekend.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

Looks like Brook will sit out again tonight. Aside from Kinkaid getting the start, it should be the same line-up as last night.

Fixxer

Jul 28, 2016
I'm curious to see if Kinkaid will put himself in a position to return to Montreal.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I'm curious to see if Kinkaid will put himself in a position to return to Montreal.

He's had two very good games the last two times he started. He wasn't off to a good start in Laval. But he's playing a lot better lately.

It's understandable that he struggled at the start. The guy was just sent to the AHL. His mind was going through a lot then. I think I read somewhere that it all changed for Kinkaid after he had a good talk with Bouchard, who kind of helped him put everything in perspective. And since that conversation, Kinkaid has been more focused and it shows in his performances.

Reactions: Fixxer

Jul 6, 2016
Even if he is having a rough 1st pro season, scratching Brooks over older defensemen with no NHL upside looks dumb to me.

Molson wants some Playoffs hockey in the Montreal area next April. They want to pile up WINS.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
I like AHL games during the afternoon. Not at night. It'd be more fun to watch in that period of time.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
use the laval thread to talk about Brook not playing, keep this thread for the game. I'll be watching Harris/Struble and later Pitlick so I won't be in this thread until I can watch this game later on so don't make extra work for me please.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Varone playing against his former team for the first time. They played them last week, but he was still out with his injury.

They saluted his return in the arena.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
After the game starting off a little slow, the pace has picked up, especially Laval. They had a sustained presence in the offensive zone. They ended up drawing a penalty.

Laval on a PP.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
It's tied 0-0 after one period.

Good first. Started off slow, but Laval got into the groove quickly. They were the better team in the first period.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Unfortunately I'm missing the game right now as it's gotten a little busy at the house right now. But Lehigh Valley went up 2-0.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad