Post-Game Talk: {AHL} Laval Rocket @ Hartford Wolf Pack - Laval lose 2-1 OT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Listening the game in the car now. Just as the period was in its final seconds, Hudon was on his own but the Wolf Pack goalie made a great save on him.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Is Juulsen playing? how is he doing?

I'm not watching now, listening to the game in the car. But I watched the first period and start of the second. He's playing it smart, basically keeping it simple. And he's paired with Leskinen, who is taking care of him, covering for him, and making sure Juulsen doesn't end up being overextended.

Reactions: 26Mats

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I'm not watching now, listening to the game in the car. But I watched the first period and start of the second. He's playing it smart, basically keeping it simple. And he's paired with Leskinen, who is taking care of him, covering for him, and making sure Juulsen doesn't end up being overextended.

The main thing for now is hopefully he can keep playing without the headaches coming back. That must be hell to go through.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
they lost in OT as they got caught up ice in a 2 on 1 and didn't get back in time. 7 of the first 9 games they have scored 2 or less. It's becoming a big concern.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
they lost in OT as they got caught up ice in a 2 on 1 and didn't get back in time. 7 of the first 9 games they have scored 2 or less. It's becoming a big concern.

They fit right in with our team philosophy.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Saw the score in the thread title and only opened the thread to try and find out if Tyson had sold his AHL TV subscription. :sarcasm:

Reactions: Adam Michaels

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Missed a good chunk of the game, but it is very disappointing how Laval isn't capable to generate much offense with the horses they have. They did play a better game tonight, despite the loss. They at least showed up from the first minute of the game.

The one I feel bad for is Lindgren, who was outstanding the entire game. He deserved a much better result than having the game tied with about a minute and a half left and then losing with 40 seconds left after they successfully killed off a 3-on-4 penalty.

Reactions: Runner77

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
3-5-1 start for a team most on here referred to as stacked before the season began? Yikes!

After getting burned last year (5 pairs of glass seats, all losses) I wasn't going to buy any tickets before I saw where they were in the standings after first 10-15 games and it looks like I won't be in a rush to pick some up any time soon. Fair or not, but I want to see a dominant winning team if I'm to spend my money on the Rocket.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
3-5-1 start for a team most on here referred to as stacked before the season began? Yikes!

After getting burned last year (5 pairs of glass seats, all losses) I wasn't going to buy any tickets before I saw where they were in the standings after first 10-15 games and it looks like I won't be in a rush to pick some up any time soon. Fair or not, but I want to see a dominant winning team if I'm to spend my money on the Rocket.

lol.. the Rocket will be cup contenders in 6 - 12 years? have patience....

Reactions: Adam Michaels

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
Is it me or Laval's offensive zone strategy is quite primitive? They don't seem to be interested in setting up guys like Barber or Hudon who have to be well above average shooters in the AHL. Instead they blast it endlessly from the points. The only way passes are directed into the slot is if they manage to get on pucks below the goalline on the forecheck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad