Post-Game Talk: {AHL} Laval Rocket @ Cleveland Monsters (Laval Wins 4-0)

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
EI8sji-WkAMxSZC.jpg

EI9-ADsXYAYo08a.jpg

Last edited:

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Primeau is doing so well that I'm eager for him to get the full on number 1 starting job but I get why alternating is probably the right approach right now. The better Lindgren does the better the chance we might get something for him in a trade so it's all good in any case.

Reactions: montreal

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I hope he can somehow replicate Primeau's numbers

Last game, he allowed 5 goals against Toronto, but he did make big saves and more imprtantly, was great in the shootout. The two games before he played (both against Hartford), he allowed 3 goals against on 44 shots in total. Those two games were his only games so far this year where he posted about .900 SV% (.905 and .957, respectively).

So I would say that recently, Lindgren has been playing better and putting up better stats. So hopefully he continues tonight.

Primeau is doing so well that I'm eager for him to get the full on number 1 starting job but I get why alternating is probably the right approach right now. The better Lindgren does the better the chance we might get something for him in a trade so it's all good in any case.

I agree. Personally, I'm in no rush to move Lindgren. We know Primeau is the future and maybe at some point this season, he will become the #1 goalie. But right now, with the kind of schedule the AHL teams play and the way they travel, it's better to keep an experienced goalie in Lindgren to help carry the load. And if anything, he can help guide Primeau on the way it works in the pros.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Lindgren with a nice save as Cleveland went on a breakaway while shorthanded. Cleveland has one of the best penalty kills in the league.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Alain with a great cross-ice pass to Brook, who was coming in on the side. Brook elects not to shoot, but instead try to pass it to one of his teammates who was in a battle in front of the net. Clearly looking for some kind of deflection in. But he should have shot it there.

Nevertheless, great play by Alain and Brook.

Reactions: jaffy27

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Some post-whistle scrums. Teams are clearly showing their animosity.

Belzile lost his mind in that little skirmish, sneaking a punch in there. He gets penalized.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Great save by Lindgren. A one-timer from the slot. Cleveland on the PP to end the period and they crated a good scoring chance in the end.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad