Post-Game Talk: {AHL} Laval Rocket @ Cleveland Monsters (Laval Wins 2-1)

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Hugh win and another impressive showing by Primeau, he is just killing it this year so far. Finally another goal from Brook, he needed it, really hope he can get going. Still though this team's struggles to get more then 2 goals is concerning, I know they are missing their 2 biggest vets in Barber and Varone but still with Peca, Hudon, McCarron, Evans, Belzile, they really shouldn't struggle this bad.

They have the best road PK in the AHL, at 100%!

Simarino

Oct 21, 2009
I am very impressed by Primeau.

Me too, dont think he will need to spend alot of times in the Ahl but at the same time hes gonna be stuck behind Price so im not sure its a good thing if he plays only 20-25 games a year that early in his career. On another note, very satisfied with what ive seen with Juulsen, too bad hes a right D because he could be callup very soon if he would play the left side

Reactions: Tyson

AlexGretzchenvid

Jan 19, 2013
Me too, dont think he will need to spend alot of times in the Ahl but at the same time hes gonna be stuck behind Price so im not sure its a good thing if he plays only 20-25 games a year that early in his career. On another note, very satisfied with what ive seen with Juulsen, too bad hes a right D because he could be callup very soon if he would play the left side

Not when price is shipped during the expansion draft.

Seattle will need to spend to the floor and price is a perfect candidate to end up there.

Reactions: dinodebino

Simarino

Oct 21, 2009

Seattle will need to spend to the floor and price is a perfect candidate to end up there.

Price will want to win a cup at this point of his career, not play for an expansion team

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
it would be impossible not to be impressed with Primeau, you just don't see many 20 year old goalies doing this, granted we'll see what happens if/when they turn the reins over to him for the bulk of the starts instead of every other but right now he's just sick. He would easily be our best prospect if not for the kid in Wisconsin scoring goals left and right.

Whoever scouted Primeau deserves a raise. :bb::hyper::5:

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Can you get the AHL to stream on xbox/ps4 ? Does it have an app, or are you stuck streaming it on a computer ?

Primeau's number intrigue me

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
I've more fun to watch the Rocket than the Canadiens tbh. Liked how we handled our momentum during 60 minutes. Finally it pays freakin off our efforts collectively. Continuation of that now I hope as much as we can.

Reactions: montreal

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
jY17JuZ.gif

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
With tonight's win, Laval is officially in the playoff picture.

They sit 4th in the North Division. All four playoff teams are at 17 points. However, Laval has played the most games.

AHL Standings.png

If Laval can win tomorrow's game, they will move ahead of Cleveland in the standings.

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010

Price has a NMC, he's not going to go to Seattle unless he waives it like Fleury... but then Fleury wasn't wanted back in Pittsburgh

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
With tonight's win, Laval is officially in the playoff picture.

They sit 4th in the North Division. All four playoff teams are at 17 points. However, Laval has played the most games.

View attachment 274953

If Laval can win tomorrow's game, they will move ahead of Cleveland in the standings.

Poehling should help. :sarcasm:

Reactions: jaffy27

Simarino

Oct 21, 2009
Laval is a very well coached team, very refreshing

I dont want to criticize Bouchard as i think hes doing a marvelous job with the kid but im starting to wonder how come we cant score more then that.. Since hes been the HC i feel like we’re playing a very structured but boring low scoring type of hockey

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I dont want to criticize Bouchard as i think hes doing a marvelous job with the kid but im starting to wonder how come we cant score more then that.. Since hes been the HC i feel like we’re playing a very structured but boring low scoring type of hockey
That's a fair argument and I am hoping that Barber and Varone help with this at some point. Evans with zero goals is concerning as well

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax

That's always happened, the AHL system generally has to reflect what is going on in the NHL, so when players are called up it's a seamless transition.

Since our last coaches have been Julien & Therrien.. you can see why it's always a challenge to score.

Simarino

Oct 21, 2009
That's always happened, the AHL system generally has to reflect what is going on in the NHL, so when players are called up it's a seamless transition.

Since our last coaches have been Julien & Therrien.. you can see why it's always a challenge to score.

Well, you really think the Habs play a structured, boring, low scoring brand of hockey ?? I would say its quite the opposite since they hired Ducharme

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Good to hear Laval is playing better. Our future certainly looks good. Not only do we have one of youngest teams in league and they are competitive now. But we have a powerful farm system. You can see where this team will be in 2 or 3 years. Bergs done a good job rebuilding the Habs

Reactions: phillytennis

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->