Post-Game Talk: {AHL} Laval Rocket 5 (SO) 4. Providence Bruins: Evans Saves Laval from Embarassment in the Shootout

Yoor

Mar 17, 2015
Sad that I look to the Rocket to boost my spirits and they almost blow it anyways. Welp...hope this still provides the kids with some positive feelings. Yay.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
A little disappointed that they burned a 4-0 lead and had to win in shootout. They should have never reached that point. A four goal lead should have been more than enough to win the game.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I don't know why Brook wasn't put on in OT. Seems this is the type of game he's best suited for. Alzner got a shift in for God's sake. I really didn't understand that one.

Sometimes there are reasons we're not privy to. I hope nothing of consequence was involved.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Again, the Olympics is not a year-round event, it's a one-time every 4 year event. Big difference. Also, the Olympics is about nations, pro hockey is about winning.

It always goes back to the same inferiority complex and senseless projection. We're watching pro hockey, not a national team.

If there were an intermission during a Bianca Andreescu tennis match I would put money on them doing a tour of all the Canadians in the tournament and how they're doing - same thing for coaches and trainers - even if there was a Canadian coaching some radon 58th in the world tennis player...

Every ethnic group does this. When Yao Ming and a few other Chinese players were in the NBA, what do you think Chinese broadcasts talked about? What do you think Japanese broadcasts talk about when they cover Major League baseball games?

Reactions: sergejean

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
If there were an intermission during a Bianca Andreescu tennis match I would put money on them doing a tour of all the Canadians in the tournament and how they're doing - same thing for coaches and trainers - even if there was a Canadian coaching some radon 58th in the world tennis player...

Every ethnic group does this. When Yao Ming and a few other Chinese players were in the NBA, what do you think Chinese broadcasts talked about? What do you think Japanese broadcasts talk about when they cover Major League baseball games?

You're clutching at straws. Are you seriously going to use tennis as a parallel to pro hockey? No, every "ethnic" group does not do this. It's pro sports, not the Demagoguery Competition.

Reactions: DAChampion

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
You're clutching at straws. Are you seriously going to use tennis as a parallel to pro hockey? No, every "ethnic" group does not do this. It's pro sports, not the Demagoguery Competition.

Yeah I just think you're totally oblivious to what goes on in every sport, for every ethnic group in every country.

Don't worry about it though. Enjoy the game.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Yeah I just think you're totally oblivious to what goes on in every sport, for every ethnic group in every country.

Don't worry about it though. Enjoy the game.

Sorry but you're the one who is oblivious to an evident reality. This is totally over the top.

It's OK to mention it once or twice. But clearly, you appear to have a vested interest in that it's not enough for you that they dedicated the better of TWO INTERMISSIONS plus several mentions in the third period to your cause and you still can't admit that it's exaggerated. It's clearly never enough for you.

You tuned into a hockey game and a political convention broke out and it appears this is totally normal to you.

Enjoy the game, whatever that game might be. Peace out.

Holystik

Nov 17, 2018
Mars

The exemples you are refering to are rarities. As in not many japanese in MLB
not many chinese in NBA
and so on.
It is not like Quebecois are a rare breed in NHL/AHL. I do agree with Runner that I would have prefered getting in depth coverage of the habs prospects than just talk about his Quebecois fascination. Sounds like a similar narrative that we need a bilingual GM even if some anglos would do a much better job.

By the way I am a quebecois from quebec city, so I have no prejudice.

Reactions: Oryxo and Runner77

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Development league my %#}}

At that point, I can understand Bouchard leaning a bit on the vets. They just blew a 4-0 lead, so he wants to make sure he puts guys who can win him the game. And more specifically, guys who may have more experience in such a situation. Despite that, Poehling, Vejdemo, and Evans saw a lot of time on OT. As well as Leskinen. It's just Brook that I'm wondering about.

Reactions: Tyson

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
we'll see how Primeau does vs providence on Friday I'm guessing. Hopefully the offense didn't use up all their goals for the weekend. Need to start picking up some points left and right.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
The exemples you are refering to are rarities. As in not many japanese in MLB
not many chinese in NBA
and so on.
It is not like Quebecois are a rare breed in NHL/AHL. I do agree with Runner that I would have prefered getting in depth coverage of the habs prospects than just talk about his Quebecois fascination. Sounds like a similar narrative that we need a bilingual GM even if some anglos would do a much better job.

By the way I am a quebecois from quebec city, so I have no prejudice.

I think it's OK to get some mentions but tonight really got deep, it's as if Leroux was going out of his way to rattle off the names of people he knows. I mean, to the average viewer, they're just names we're probably never follow or hear about again unless one or two out of the 69 Quebecers becomes an NHL standout.

We got very little about the Rocket in terms of insider observations. Leroux has privileged access to the facilities, players and management. Gimme some lesser known stuff, things that fans don't know generally.

Reactions: Holystik

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad