Post-Game Talk: {AHL} Laval Rocket 3 (SO) 2 Providence Bruins: A Shootout Win to End this Road Trip

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
IMG_20191026_131517.jpg

News & Notes

- Michael McCarron will be back in the line-up, after serving his two-game suspension.

Will be interesting to see if Providence will look for payback after McCarron's hit on Bruins' Gaunce last week, the hit McCarron was suspended for.

- Cayden Primeau gets the start.

- Matthew Peca returns from injury.

- Dale Weise inserted back into the line-up after sitting out last night in Hartford.

- Karl Alzner is hurt. David Sklenicka will take his place.

EH1hSZnX0AIgHr6.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: habsfan891

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Some more info:

Sklenicka coming in for Alzner, who has an upper body injury.

Peca returns to the line-up and will form a 4th line with McCarron and Weise.

Primeau gets the start. He will take on Keyser, who was his goalie teammate at last year's WJC. USA started the tournament with Keyser and finished it with Primeau.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Alain takes Barber's spot? I don't get what Bouchard sees in him. Hopefully Barber isn't out took long, I know he had trouble getting the bench and didn't return but they never said what the injury was.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
1-1 tie after 1. Belzile scored on a nice feed from Varone who has been looking much better the past few games. Sklenicka who I have been calling for to get in picks up an assist as well.

Looks like one player wanted to go with McCarron early on but he didn't seem interested, he got the gloves up and pushed him into the boards and then McCarron pushed back and the refs stepped in. He doesn't look good though, of course like Juulsen he has to shake the rust off since it's been so long in between games.

Hudon needs to wake the f*** up he's barely noticeable lately.

Primeau was good but not tested nearly as much as his last start.

Poehling looking solid so far.

Evans hit the post a few mins after they scored to tie it up. They seemed to have more jump after the Belzile goal.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
2-2 tie after 2. Not a very good period. Primeau lets in what I would say is his first soft one, it was off the face-off so I'd have to go back and see if he was screened or not. They spent way too much time in their own end though and just look slow/slugish. I know it's back to back and all but most AHL teams play every Friday/Saturday.

Ouellet scored on the PP from an Evans face-off win.

I know Peca is rusty after being out a few games to injury but he looks terrible out there. Hudon at least did some things on the PP as they have him on the point but he's not engaged physically like he was to start the season. I wonder if the flu bug is going through the team.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Keyser absolutely robs McCarron with a crazy save.

Weise sets McCarron up from the slot, Keyser just robs McCarron's one-timer.

Laval is looking real good right now.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
OT coming up.

Great dive by Juulsen in the final seconds, getting his stick in the way to knock the puck off the Bruins player, who was going for a 3-on-2 rush in the end.

Juulsen has looked good in the third. Looking more comfortable than last night.

Reactions: Le Barron de HF

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Great start to OT. Belzile heads on a 2-on-1 with Ouellet. Ouellet screws it up. Bruins come back on the counter. Belzile rushes back and gets his stick in the way to break it up. Then sends Varone on the breakaway and Keyser with a great save on him.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Varone hits the post.

Laval couldn't capitalize. Heading to the shootout. Primeau's first time at pros.

Keyser made some more sick saves. Providence owe him the point they will get.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
much better 3rd and OT, Bouchard must have given to them after the 2nd as they had more jump and were the better team in the 3rd.

Primeau with another impressive game. Poehling was solid, Brook had some good passes.

After a tough loss last night where Lindgren was their best player, Laval gets the much needed 2 pts. It ends up being a very successful weekended as Laval got 3 of 4 pts on the road vs 2 of the top teams in the AHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad