Post-Game Talk: {AHL} Laval Rocket 3 - 5 Belleville Senators: The Belleville Curse Continues

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
a lot went wrong on that 2nd goal against, first no call on the high stick Peca got, then McCarron went for a big hit and missed, then Folin was out of position although I didn't see if someone didn't get back in time. I don't fault Primeau on either goal.

Almost nothing from the offense, although they scored like a weeks worth of goals last game so I'm expecting a low scoring game at least from them.

Reactions: Tyson

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
a lot went wrong on that 2nd goal against, first no call on the high stick Peca got, then McCarron went for a big hit and missed, then Folin was out of position although I didn't see if someone didn't get back in time. I don't fault Primeau on either goal.

Almost nothing from the offense, although they scored like a weeks worth of goals last game so I'm expecting a low scoring game at least from them.

They are missing 3 of their top6 forwards (Hudon, Belzile, Varone), so at some point it hurts. Not that they were scoring anyway (except Hudon) but still. Guys like McCarron, Evans and Alain really need to step up.

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
Is Juulsen healthy-scratched or does he have trouble with "injury" issues?

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Brook is playing another solid game, really looks like his confidence is picking up. He's got 3 pts in the last 9 games counting today's game. Would be huge for Laval if he can get going but just to show how things have been, tonight he picked up his first assist of the season. That's shocking considering how well he can move the puck that it took him this long to record an assist.

McCarron though, man is he far from where he was last year before the injury.

Poehling still has a ways to go but he's been more noticeable these past few games.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
nice speed burst by Peca on the goal but that was one the goalie should of had. Still nice to take the lead against these guys for a change.

I look at Waked and think that Pezzetta should be looking at him and saying he needs to be more like him. I know Bouchard likes Waked and he clearly isn't a big fan of Pezzetta who must find a way to play much smarter and not take those stupid penalties. But if he can be more like Waked, work hard, take the body but be smart about it.

I really believe that Bouchard knows what he's doing. Since the almost healthy scratch of Evans he's got 5 pts in 5 games. He had 4 pts in 17 games before that.

And while McCarron needs to be a lot better, he's got 4 pts in the last 6 games after getting 1 in his first 10 games. Of course he had to shake off all that rust after being out for almost a year but I'm disappointed he doesn't look quicker.

Reactions: DAChampion

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
And that PP is canceled. The puck jumps over Evans' stick and Belleville starts a counter attack. Evans hooks the player and gets called for it. 4-on-4 hockey.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
And that's what you get for not scoring on those open nets, you get scored on. Belleville make it 5-3 with 2 minutes left in the game.

Lynch missed one in the second period. Weise missed one moments ago. They score those open nets, it's a completely different game.

Reactions: DAChampion

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I hope Barber didn't get hurt in the end there. He struggled back to the bench and looked like he was holding his shoulder. Hopefully he doesn't end up injured, too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad