Post-Game Talk: {AHL} Laval Rocket 2 - 4 Milwaukee Admirals: 0-3 to Start the Season (Yikes!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
Tough debut for him. Not worried as sometimes, the jump to the pros is an adjustment for young players.

He started the game between Barber and Varone in the Top-6. Bouchard put Vejdemo in his place towards the end of the 2nd and now in the third. Vejdemo has looked good with Barber and Varone. They've had some good looks together.
Oh great, gotta develop vejdemo!

Tough position as a development coach. Guys need to earn minutes too

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Oh great, gotta develop vejdemo!

Tough position as a development coach. Guys need to earn minutes too

Why shouldn't they develop Vejdemo? He's a prospect, too.

Despite that, the changes seem to have sparked something because Vejdemo's looked good with Barber/Varone and Poehling has looked better with Peca/Jevpalovs.

Reactions: TooLegitToQuit

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
Why shouldn't they develop Vejdemo? He's a prospect, too.

Despite that, the changes seem to have sparked something because Vejdemo's looked good with Barber/Varone and Poehling has looked better with Peca/Jevpalovs.
I defer to you, I am watching habs game

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
What's the dealy-o? This is stacked team with Fleury and Suzuki on their way. Why do they keep losing?

They definitely need to be better than this.

The one positive I can get out of this game is that in the third period, they took over the game. They were playing like they were last year. Hard work, effective forecheck, and creating scoring opportunities. However, they should start games that way, not start in the third when they're trailing.

And why it's a positive is because against Cleveland on opening weekend, they didn't play like that at all. At least tonight, they were able to turn it up, however late it was. Now the goal is to start like that.

I'm not worried yet because it's only Game 3. But they can't wait too long before they start getting results because they're in the toughest division in the AHL. So falling behind the teams they're in direct competition with could cost them.

Reactions: Gravity

Gravity

Generational Poster
Feb 27, 2017
In a Barred Spiral
They definitely need to be better than this.

The one positive I can get out of this game is that in the third period, they took over the game. They were playing like they were last year. Hard work, effective forecheck, and creating scoring opportunities. However, they should start games that way, not start in the third when they're trailing.

And why it's a positive is because against Cleveland on opening weekend, they didn't play like that at all. At least tonight, they were able to turn it up, however late it was. Now the goal is to start like that.

I'm not worried yet because it's only Game 3. But they can't wait too long before they start getting results because they're in the toughest division in the AHL. So falling behind the teams they're in direct competition with could cost them.
Yeah, I expect a better game overall on Monday or a win. Maybe just taking time to form chemistry?

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Brook scored and Leskinen had 2 helpers.

The team can suck, but as long as the young guys do well, it's ok. However, this team shouldn't suck.

That's what you try to balance following the AHL team. On one hand, you want the team to win. On the other, you want to see the kids do well, win or lose.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
That being said, I still remain positive. The recognition of our accomplishments gonna be rewarded. Sooner rather than later hopefully.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah

The team can suck, but as long as the young guys do well, it's ok. However, this team shouldn't suck.
Disagree. I want the kids to develop from an AHL team with a winning culture.

I will be very disappointed with the coaching staff in AHL if they can't even make the POs with their roster. Really no excuse for it unless they have a ton of injuries/call ups.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018

I agree. But PJ Stock on l'antichambre was saying the other day playing in the American league is still a lot of fun when you're winning. It sucks when you're losing.

Hope they can have a winning team.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Is Leskinen the first candidate for callup on LD? He seems to play a solid two way game with some offensive flare.

If he uses a flare over flair, he could be sending a huge warning signal. :sarcasm:

I missed the game so am just reading about it now. Tough that they lost again.

Reactions: KotkaSpicy

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
Sucks that Primeau/McNiven have played one/zero game respectively and Lindgren two games. I have not watched the games so it's tough to comment but Lindgren doesn't exactly seem to be setting the world on fire and he's not someone we should give games to over Primeau/McNiven. I personally have zero faith Lindgren will be a NHL goalie or even become a valuable asset for us, so I don't know why we're playing him over McNiven and Primeau. What a waste...

angusyoung

The life of..The Party
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Sucks that Primeau/McNiven have played one/zero game respectively and Lindgren two games. I have not watched the games so it's tough to comment but Lindgren doesn't exactly seem to be setting the world on fire and he's not someone we should give games to over Primeau/McNiven. I personally have zero faith Lindgren will be a NHL goalie or even become a valuable asset for us, so I don't know why we're playing him over McNiven and Primeau. What a waste...

Lack of scoring is a concern and the D has been a disappointment,expected that aspect to to the least of their problems.

Reactions: TooLegitToQuit

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Disagree. I want the kids to develop from an AHL team with a winning culture.

I will be very disappointed with the coaching staff in AHL if they can't even make the POs with their roster. Really no excuse for it unless they have a ton of injuries/call ups.

I agree. But PJ Stock on l'antichambre was saying the other day playing in the American league is still a lot of fun when you're winning. It sucks when you're losing.

Hope they can have a winning team.

Playing anywhere is more fun when you're winning.

This team should be good

If they can't get it going, then our players suck, Bouchard is bad, or both.

Reactions: angusyoung

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
How was Poehling overall? Is he ready for a call up?

You can see he has some adjusting to do to the pro game as do many players coming out of junior/college. But you also get moments where you see what he brings. Last night, he started the game at 2C between Varone and Barber. The first thought was he is put between two players that can help make things happen with Poehling. However, not much was happening. Bouchard ended up switching Poehling with Vejdemo, putting Poehling with Peca and Jevpalovs and Vejdemo with Barber and Varone. That change was a good one as both lines started clicking and were creating opportunities.

As for a call up. At this moment, no. But some players thrive more when they're put in the NHL than they do in the AHL. So for all I know, even though in Laval he looks like he needs some time to adjust, in the NHL, he might fit right in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad