Post-Game Talk: {AHL} Laval Rocket 1 - 2 Toronto Marlies: OT Loss. Laval With a Great Game. But Not Enough.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Laval with back-to-back 2-on-1 opportunities while shorthanded. Vejdemo with Cox. Vejdemo gets stopped. Then Sklenicka with Evans. Sklenicka set Evans up with a great pass, but Hutchinson made a great save.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Vejdemo was killing it on the PK there, but so many chances and they just can't bury one. The marlies had only 8 shots total after 2 periods. Laval has been the better team but just can't score.

Brook has been having a really good game until that turnover in his own end, that could have ended up being very costly.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Game headed to OT.

What a great game by Laval tonight. Lindgren with some big saves whenever challenged. Hutchinson with some big ones, too. Goaltending duel in the third period.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Tabarnak!!! Laval loses in OT.

Laval absolutely dominated the OT. They were ALL OVER Toronto. The Marlies come back, get one shot in from far and it goes by Lindgren. Agostino with the goal.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
still though a major concern as it's been many games now that the bulk of the goals were scored by Hudon and Vejdemo and since then they just can't buy a goal. They badly need several guys to start putting pucks in the net. Barber, Evans, Peca, Poehling, McCarron, etc..

that said it was a much better game for Brook and Poehling was more noticeable and his best game since he was sent down imo.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Despite the weak goal Lindgren gave up in OT, he played a great game. He plays like this, more often than not, Laval will win their games.

If Lindgren can sustain this level of play, coupled with Primeau's great season, Laval will have one of the best goaltending tandems in the league.

And to be fair, Lindgren has been playing better lately. Closer to AHL All-Star Lindgren than last year's unreliable Lindgren.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
still though a major concern as it's been many games now that the bulk of the goals were scored by Hudon and Vejdemo and since then they just can't buy a goal. They badly need several guys to start putting pucks in the net. Barber, Evans, Peca, Poehling, McCarron, etc..

that said it was a much better game for Brook and Poehling was more noticeable and his best game since he was sent down imo.

I agree. Although, I think Peca's picked his game up lately.

Also agree that Brook and Poehling had real good games tonight. Which is always good to see the prospects play well despite a loss.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Despite the weak goal Lindgren gave up in OT, he played a great game. He plays like this, more often than not, Laval will win their games.

If Lindgren can sustain this level of play, coupled with Primeau's great season, Laval will have one of the best goaltending tandems in the league.

And to be fair, Lindgren has been playing better lately. Closer to AHL All-Star Lindgren than last year's unreliable Lindgren.

Sounds like Price. Plays really well, gets us to ot then let's in a stinker.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
The problem with Lindgren has been inconsistency, this game he lets in just 2 goals, the previous game he lets in 5 goals, the previous game before that he gets a SO, the previous before that he lets in 5 goals. So he's let in 12 goals in his last 4 starts, 2 good games 2 bad ones. The problem is compounded though by 2 factors, 1) the team often struggles to score more then 2 goals, 2) you have one of the best goalies in the league sitting on the bench every other game, 3) the team is in a dog fight for top spot in the league, you can't be giving away points.

So it will be interesting to see what happens here, at some point Bouchard is going to have to start playing Primeau more imo. If this were Lefebvre i'd be going nuts about how you can't keep this up but the team is doing very well and he's clearly a much better coach imo. I don't agree with some things but most of the stuff he does I seem to agree with. not that that matters since i'm just a fan that loves to follow our AHL team every year. But finally we have a shot at being one of the best teams in the league, just don't want to see it wasted like last year where MB forgot about us and called up or traded away our best players and didn't bother to get us any help and we sank like a stone in the 2nd half.

I agree. Although, I think Peca's picked his game up lately.

Also agree that Brook and Poehling had real good games tonight. Which is always good to see the prospects play well despite a loss.

Peca has been picking it up, but need some others to join him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad