Youtube: AHL: Jamie Devane vs. Nick Tarnasky Oct 27, 2013

Znith

Aug 16, 2012
He's a local boy and can actually skate and play the game too. Future 4th line mainstay on the leafs, he looked like he could keep up in the AHL in the 3-4 games I've been too. Thought he looked okay in the one NHL game I saw live with him. Lots of hustle, ok hands for a tough guy.

And yeah, a beast fighter. Know a guy who played with him...apparently he ripped a bird cage clean off a guy's helmet before punching him senseless. Wtf!

Bi Coastal Bawse*

Devane is awesome. What I most noticed tho is the lack of attendance.

Smif

Jan 23, 2008
Hamilton
He's a local boy and can actually skate and play the game too. Future 4th line mainstay on the leafs, he looked like he could keep up in the AHL in the 3-4 games I've been too. Thought he looked okay in the one NHL game I saw live with him. Lots of hustle, ok hands for a tough guy.

And yeah, a beast fighter. Know a guy who played with him...apparently he ripped a bird cage clean off a guy's helmet before punching him senseless. Wtf!

That's pretty common, takes a split second to do if you know what you're doing.

Brew

The top of HF’s most disliked
Sep 22, 2007
I love that a rookie kicks the snot out of a seasoned vet goon like Tarnasky. Can only think of a few more people who I'd rather him beat the snot out of.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011

Toronto. Please send Jamie Devane to Pittsburgh. This kid is a bad-ass.

I have been a Devane fan since our Head Scout Dave Morrison went off the board at #68 for him. He has been a project, always had the hands to play, but skating is finally at NHL level. Never be a speedball, but this is one good 4th line role player, that I said last year was the toughest player in the Leaf organization.

Mclaren may be #1 right now, but Devane is coming on strong and should pass him soon. Nice pick.

The Kid

Jun 19, 2011
Not sure if any of NT's punches did anything, but it looked as though he landed a couple nice ones, then JD landed one, some flailing by NT, then the last big one by JD. I thought NT did pretty well but the tide turned on that first one landed by JD, then obviously the last one put it away.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010

That's pretty common, takes a split second to do if you know what you're doing.

Was going to say this, got beaten to it. Especially for a guy Devanes size and level that hes playing at he should be able to do that ridiculously easy, I've seen kids in bantam do it.

Devane is looking like one of those fighters that can actually play, not really sure why he got sent down to the ECHL last year. Hes not the type of fourth liner that will provide offense but for a tough guy of his calibre he can skate, get physical and move the puck pretty well

Quares27

Apr 3, 2013
Tarnasky isn't a very good fighter but he's still way more experienced. Devane will be a top NHL heavyweight not too long from now and he can play too. In terms of fighting he's massive and out of the 30ish fights i've seen from him i'd say about 10 were either KOs or TKOs. He has real knockout power.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
He's a 4th line heavyweight that can actually skate and play the game too. I can't wait for the guy to be in the NHL.

I think he takes McLaren's spot in 1-2 years.

cardiffgiant

Continue without supporting us
Sep 28, 2005
wt f is with Tarnasky's own teams mascot is pelvic thrusting like crazy after he gets dropped

grousegrinder

Jul 18, 2012
Well, Tarnasky did alright, one punch by Devane was a dandy. Guys like Devane are a dime a dozen and come and go. Tarnasky on the other hand can fight and score. 16 last season, team leading this one.He'll be around for a while as a result.

bud12

Oct 8, 2012
He had a decision against Chris Neil in the pre-season. Not the best fighter, but definitely not ''terrible''.

Even if you're terrible, you can win a minority of fight. Tarnasky is in the same league as Stortini or Hagel

GenericFan2*

Devane's a truck. Can't wait to see him in a permanent 4th line role with the Leafs next season.

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
Well, Tarnasky did alright, one punch by Devane was a dandy. Guys like Devane are a dime a dozen and come and go. Tarnasky on the other hand can fight and score. 16 last season, team leading this one.He'll be around for a while as a result.

Your joking right?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->