AHL Henderson Silver Knights news/notes

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City

Radio home.

(No TV usually, but you can purchase ahl.tv for video of all games. You can purchase entire league, one team all games, one team away games, usually. )

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
What kind of ratings does minor league hockey get on the radio? Honestly no matter how much I enjoyed going to Wranglers games I never even considered listening to radio coverage. I think I did listen once, in OT of a finals game that didn't have TV coverage.

Reactions: KnishOfTheCrease

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
Yes. I think a local station has a great opportunity with this team.

What opportunity do you see? Local TV channels showing non-network content that isn't news get almost no advertising spend. The team is going to have a lot of games that overlap with VGK and fans are going to remember that the TV experience for hockey is nothing like the live game experience. So most of those who would tune in to watch are going to be going to the games.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
I'm thinking of a low budget job like mylvtv showing LV Lights. The video will already be there for ahl.tv streaming.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
AHL requires teams to have at least one (HD) camera (showing full rink) so game can be broadcast on AHL.tv, regardless of any local TV.

Usually single video feed with separate audio channels for home and away.

Some venues have 3-4 cameras. (No where near as many angles as NHL games.)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad