AHL Henderson Silver Knights news/notes

JohnLennon

Mar 26, 2011
How has Elvenes looked this season? Statistically, appears to have taken a step back. Anyone know why that is? And where do you think he ends up in the NHL? I was hoping he'd make the team out of camp this year, but they're just so damn deep!

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
How has Elvenes looked this season? Statistically, appears to have taken a step back. Anyone know why that is? And where do you think he ends up in the NHL? I was hoping he'd make the team out of camp this year, but they're just so damn deep!

He's not as big or as "tough" as Kolesar so the main club is not interested. Seriously they probably are keeping him around as a trade piece, they are so addicted to the lets be the biggest and baddest team around a slender build like Elvenes is pretty much not welcomed. Look what happened to Cody Glass, he got bigger and he's not better, but they at least see him as an NHLer now.

Reactions: JohnLennon

JohnLennon

Mar 26, 2011
He's not as big or as "tough" as Kolesar so the main club is not interested. Seriously they probably are keeping him around as a trade piece, they are so addicted to the lets be the biggest and baddest team around a slender build like Elvenes is pretty much not welcomed. Look what happened to Cody Glass, he got bigger and he's not better, but they at least see him as an NHLer now.
This kind of concerns me as a huge believer in Elvenes. It's really tough how he'll get an opportunity to shine on a team like Vegas.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
This kind of concerns me as a huge believer in Elvenes. It's really tough how he'll get an opportunity to shine on a team like Vegas.

May I ask why? He's got another season after this where he doesn't need waivers to be sent to the AHL and he's only played 72 NA games due to the season being shut down. By all accounts he had another lackluster camp.

Keeping most prospects in the minors as long as possible has always been a McPhee thing.

JohnLennon

Mar 26, 2011
May I ask why? He's got another season after this where he doesn't need waivers to be sent to the AHL and he's only played 72 NA games due to the season being shut down. By all accounts he had another lackluster camp.

Keeping most prospects in the minors as long as possible has always been a McPhee thing.
What I was saying that concerned me was the other poster saying they don't see how Elvenes fits with the team at all, let alone a timeline. I don't disagree with the extended development cycle, but I kind of agree with not seeing how he fits in, even next year.

I like Elvenes and have been rooting for him to shine for a few years now!

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
What I was saying that concerned me was the other poster saying they don't see how Elvenes fits with the team at all, let alone a timeline. I don't disagree with the extended development cycle, but I kind of agree with not seeing how he fits in, even next year.

I like Elvenes and have been rooting for him to shine for a few years now!

Jurco was an odd choice to insert into the lineup but it's hard to go with a guy that has 3p his last 9 AHL games.

I can't see Krebs not making the club next season so Elvenes will have to elevate his game again & be ready for a call up. Competition is good. He has a lot of pro games over Dugan & Dorofeyev, and Vegas will want to rest players down the stretch (plus they'll have the cap with Petro on LTIR).

Plus there might not be AHL playoffs so Elvenes should be a black ace or 14th forward this year.

You could also make a case for hometown guy Quinney deserving a look over Brown.

Last edited:

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
Jurco was an odd choice to insert into the lineup but it's hard to go with a guy that has 3p his last 9 AHL games.

I can't see Krebs not making the club next season so Elvenes will have to elevate his game again & be ready for a call up. Competition is good. He has a lot of pro games over Dugan & Dorofeyev, and Vegas will want to rest players down the stretch (plus they'll have the cap with Petro on LTIR).

Plus there might not be AHL playoffs so Elvenes should be a black ace or 14th forward this year.

You could also make a case for hometown guy Quinney deserving a look over Brown.

I can totally see them keeping Krebs on the backburner in AHL next season. Seems to be their philosophy.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
When you basically declare the fourth line is for grinders with physical game, the pipeline becomes almost unimportant. These guys they are letting cook in AHL are only there for injury replacement unless they show something special.

This reminds me of the Red Wings philosophy. They didn't care for 20 years they never got sure fire draft picks because they let them cook until they were 24-25 and by then a few might be good enough for the bottom six. The top six were established stars or free agents. Worked great for 20 years but when it goes wrong it really goes wrong.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
So the mascot is a horse (black with silver mane) named Lucky.

(In a meeting all afternoon, but had the game on so I could see it in background.)

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
Anyone know why Dorofeyev has disappeared from the HSK lineup after a good start? I know there are a lot of options, but if he is healthy, Vegas isn't making inroads into instilling confidence in Russian prospects to hop over.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Thank you! Doesn't make me feel better that he's injured, of course. It seems impossible to find news about HSK players.

I think he left mid-game a few games ago and hasn't been in since. Play by play guy said it was an injury but I can't remember what, I'll try to keep an ear out if he brings it up again.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Thank you! Doesn't make me feel better that he's injured, of course. It seems impossible to find news about HSK players.

Yeah it's kind of odd how Rondbjerg disappeared off the face of the earth for 15 months.

Without our Chicago Wolves insiders, we can't get the inside scoop anymore.:sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->