AHL Henderson: $80m arena, 20+ year lease ($150k/yr rent). Construction scheduled to start 8/1/2020

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
I like the logo.

Just wondering how close the uniforms will look to the GKs.

My guess.... Instead of the steel grey - black. Instead of gold - silver. Secondary logo on shoulders of silver/gold spur (rather than crossed swords). May also have a Nevada state patch (ala "Nevada Strong" logo with star for LV/Henderson). (I can also see a "3rd jersey" with the spur as the main logo.)

I'd assume the arms will have the band of "braided metal" in silver rather than gold.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Too much going on with the logo. What makes the Vegas logo great is the simplicity. This one has too much going on. Great name, bad logo.
Probably could do without the odd outline of the Chess Piece Knight. Aside from that, it's a very good logo. Using the Knight chess piece is a good alternative to re-using a version of the Golden Knights logo.

Barclay Donaldson

Feb 4, 2018
Tatooine
Probably could do without the odd outline of the Chess Piece Knight. Aside from that, it's a very good logo. Using the Knight chess piece is a good alternative to re-using a version of the Golden Knights logo.

Disagree entirely. What makes logos great is their simplicity. Vegas's is no different. A simple shape that reveals a lot despite being fairly simple. Hartford's is the same exact way. This one has got different bits of chain mail, different shades and looks really busy while trying to be simple. They could have done a lot better.

JMCx4

Censorship is the Sincerest Form of Flattery
Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Arena (now named The Dollar Loan Center) opening early April 2022.

The 2021-22 schedule includes moving Silver Knight home games to DLC starting April 2 (so essentially the last month of RS will be in the new barn).

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I reckon the neighbors would agree with you ... Nevada Current: What’s wrong with Henderson’s plan for a hockey arena in Green Valley?

While the council members will retort: "Take the bus."
About a 4.5 to 1 ratio of seats to parking spots. Probably needs to drop that Ratio to no worse than 3 to 1 which would mean at least 2000 parking spots total so another 600. Plus in today’s world there is more ride sharing in addition to transit. I don’t think it should need upwards of under a 2-1 ratio of seats to parking stalls.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->