AHL Henderson: $80m arena, 20+ year lease ($150k/yr rent). Construction scheduled to start 8/1/2020

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Proposed Henderson minor league hockey arena to cost $80M

Arena to cost $80m. Costs split between VGK and city of Henderson.

According to a contract with the team, the arena would be about 165,000 square-feet, have four locker rooms, have a green room and dressing rooms, as well as infrastructure to support the performing arts. It would also contain space for at least one 6,000 square-foot restaurant and 2,000 square-feet of retail space.

If approved, construction would start on the arena no later than August 1, and the team would move in no later than July 1, 2022, according to a contract.

The initial lease term for the arena would be 20 years, with annual rent for the team set at $150,000. The lease includes extension provisions and a non-relocation requirement.

20 year term. Decent length.

VGK practice facility took about a year to build (with two rinks), but that didn't include demolition (ground was prepared for building). Have old (open air) amphitheatre to demolish too. May have similar layout with restaurant overlooking two rinks.

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
Nice to see Vegas' AHL team arena construction getting started pretty soon. Seattle's AHL arena hasn't even began construction with no idea when it'll happen. It was delayed for some unknown reason (unrelated to the virus epidemic)

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
I think it'd be necessary to have D-League basketball there too, only to help build basketball in Las Vegas, not that'd be a problem.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
I think it'd be necessary to have D-League basketball there too, only to help build basketball in Las Vegas, not that'd be a problem.
there aren't any G-League teams left to go to Vegas...... Denver is the only market that doesn't own or operate one, as Erie is in its 4th iteration of the Bayhawks AND that is scheduled to go to Birmingham, AL JUST as Atlanta did with the College Hill Skyhawks

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Back to the drawing board for Vega's AHL if this gets onto the ballot.

Might have to negotiate something with Utah, or just keep them at Orleans arena until further notice. Or they could split between Orleans and T-Mobile Arena whenever the Golden Knights are on road trips.

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
Might have to negotiate something with Utah, or just keep them at Orleans arena until further notice. Or they could split between Orleans and T-Mobile Arena whenever the Golden Knights are on road trips.

Problem with these NIMBY folks they are only fine with public dollars if its something that they pro for but not anything else. Like arts for example but nothing else.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Just because there is opposition does not mean arena is DOA or even delayed.

One complaint I've seen is traffic in the general area. So if traffic is part of the efforts to improve area around arena, that might placate some of the most outspoken.

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012

One complaint I've seen is traffic in the general area. So if traffic is part of the efforts to improve area around arena, that might placate some of the most outspoken.

i was talking about the possiblity of it going on the ballot for public vote.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Last edited:
Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
From press release
- 71 percent of Henderson residents believe the project, as proposed, would be good for Henderson
- 71 percent thought a minor league hockey team would be good for the City
- 69 percent of respondents either "strongly support" or "somewhat support" the redevelopment of the Henderson Pavilion into an enclosed, 6,000-seat entertainment venue

Sounds like any referendum would be voted down. ~70% is a high percentage of support.

Reactions: BringTheReign

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
From press release

Sounds like any referendum would be voted down. ~70% is a high percentage of support.

I'm curious if if that signature gathering can even get that necessary number of signatures due to the health issue?

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
I'm curious if if that signature gathering can even get that necessary number of signatures due to the health issue?

They need 2100. Set up a table with clipboards and wipe down between folks?

The valley is slowly reopening. 25% capacity dine in. Many stores reopened too. Not indoor malls, yet.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee

I looked up the Henderson Pavilion. It seats nearly 6600. A 6000 seat arena is theoretically less traffic, unless that pavilion is under used. The wiki article that I looked at said that it was "the home of the Henderson Symphony Orchestra, and the host of many of musical events each year".

Henderson Pavilion - Wikipedia

Seventy percent support is fairly impressive these days.

Your post is excellent, as always, Lady Stanley.

Last edited:

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
If it wasn't for me knowing who Foley is and how unworldly weird he gets with the background of anything aesthetically, I would think that was a zombie horse. I think what happened is that the artist/Foley tried to emphasise the "H" so much to rival the "V" in the VGK logo that it just turned out to be outlandish in the end.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->