AHL Goalie doesn't hear shootout whistle, Still makes save

cajmonkey

Mar 29, 2014
Why wouldn't the goalie at least try to make a save? The player is coming at him, and the refs aren't stopping him, so wouldn't his first thought be "maybe I didn't hear the whistle, I should stop this guy either way"?

davenash

Aug 2, 2005
Rimouski, PQ
Why wouldn't the goalie at least try to make a save? The player is coming at him, and the refs aren't stopping him, so wouldn't his first thought be "maybe I didn't hear the whistle, I should stop this guy either way"?

He had his head down. He didn't see him coming at him at all.

Hot Water Bottle

Aug 26, 2010
So does this prove everyone's point about how goalies have to just stand in position these days and let their massive goalie pads do all the work? This goalie literally went to sleep and still got bailed out by his equipment. ;)

Koonta

The Boss Wears White
Jan 1, 2012
Thunder Road

He had his head down and didn't even know the shooter was coming in. The shooter then shot it right into his pads and the goalie was snapped out of it and was like all "Huh, what's happening?"

Engineer

Rustled your jimmies
Dec 23, 2013
A shootout with the game at 1-0 and the clock ticking down from 18:30... wat?

Mar 5, 2003
Worcester, MA
210sportsblog.com
A shootout with the game at 1-0 and the clock ticking down from 18:30... wat?

In some buildings (Hartford most be one of them) when the clock is stopped the green light behind the net goes on, so they run the clock (note it says "period 5") down from 20:00 so the red goal light will go on if a goal is scored. Crabb was the third shooter for Hartford, and the Wolf Pack was leading the shootout through two rounds 1-0.

Madik77

Jun 9, 2006
This is great. I am still laughing. Crabb actually woke Bartosak up from deep hibernation:laugh:

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
I saw this on a different website.

I had to play it more than once, because I was confused at first.

Then I saw the puck go off the goalies leg pad.

I have always heard "never make the first move". I guess it is true.

I never rose beyond pond hockey, but this was embarrassing and hilarious! :laugh:

The Wolves are having a tough year, but they look like they are playoff bound.

Do you think that Crabb will be used in a shootout again? :shakehead

I will be at the game in Milwaukee on Friday night. I will let you know about Crabb.

Mar 5, 2003
Worcester, MA
210sportsblog.com
I saw this on a different website.

I had to play it more than once, because I was confused at first.

Then I saw the puck go off the goalies leg pad.

I have always heard "never make the first move". I guess it is true.

I never rose beyond pond hockey, but this was embarrassing and hilarious! :laugh:

The Wolves are having a tough year, but they look like they are playoff bound.

Do you think that Crabb will be used in a shootout again? :shakehead

I will be at the game in Milwaukee on Friday night. I will let you know about Crabb.

If you're planning on seeing Crabb play on Friday you'll need to go to Hartford...

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
If you're planning on seeing Crabb play on Friday you'll need to go to Hartford...

lol. I am used to seeing Crabb playing for the Wolves. Can't break the habit!
That is what 6 times a season for 4 years does to your brain! Followed by 2 more years with the Marlies and one with the Rampage. I think that I need a vacation!

Next thing you know, somebody will tell me that Gretzky doesn't play for the Kings!:D

wellsZe

Feb 19, 2015
This is exactly why the wolfpack need to leave Hartford. What an embarrassment.

You can't blame that one crowd noise, place is half empty all the time.

Bring in a neutral affiliate into Hartford and you'll see our true love for hockey. Just look at UCONN attendance this year. Easily doubling wolf pack attendance and on crappy
Weekday games to boot.

The wolfpack need to go.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad