Post-Game Talk: {AHL} Binghamton Devils 5 - 1 Laval Rocket: Bad Time to Have a Stinker

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
upload_2019-3-27_17-35-30.png

D2rIE80WoAUF0k7.jpg

Bulletin:

- Connor LaCouvee gets the start:

- The Rocket brought back Thomas Ebbing on a PTO:

- As already mentioned, Noah Juulsen has started to skating in a non-contact jersey. Olofsson has started skating, as well. And if Josh Brook is eliminated (as early as tonight), he can join Laval:

Reactions: HabsDood

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Was Olofsson injured?

Yea, almost immediately. It was in his second or third game this year. It was his shoulder (he has injury history). They operated on it and chances were he would miss the season, but that wasn't confirmed. We knew he was out long term. He's started skating recently, which is good news. Still unsure if he'll be able to make a return in the final 9 games.

Reactions: Evik

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
The only other game that will affect Laval tonight is Belleville vs. Syracuse. Should Laval win and Bellevile lose in regulation, Laval gets within 4 points of the Senators. It would also put them 4 points off a playoff spot. Cleveland currently sits 4th with 74 points. After tonight, Cleveland would have a game in hand on Laval.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Yea, almost immediately. It was in his second or third game this year. It was his shoulder (he has injury history). They operated on it and chances were he would miss the season, but that wasn't confirmed. We knew he was out long term. He's started skating recently, which is good news. Still unsure if he'll be able to make a return in the final 9 games.

I would be shocked if they brought back Olofsson this season unless perhaps if they get real close to a playoff spot. Same for Juulsen, too risky for just a couple AHL games imo.

The only other game that will affect Laval tonight is Belleville vs. Syracuse. Should Laval win and Bellevile lose in regulation, Laval gets within 4 points of the Senators. It would also put them 4 points off a playoff spot. Cleveland currently sits 4th with 74 points. After tonight, Cleveland would have a game in hand on Laval.

If they have any shot at the playoffs, the next 5 games will tell the tale. They have to win at least 4 of the 5. Winning tonight is a must. Then it gets real tough, on the road vs Rochester and the leafs. This is where I expect them to lose at least one. If they can win one then comes a huge 2 game series vs Clevland where you need to win both games but are at home where Laval has been much better then on the road.

Being 6 pts out but could be 7 due to ROW with 9 games is likely just too much. I'm just glad that the games at least mean something and they have a chance.

Reactions: Adam Michaels

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I would be shocked if they brought back Olofsson this season unless perhaps if they get real close to a playoff spot. Same for Juulsen, too risky for just a couple AHL games imo.

I agree, it would be a miracle to see either of them return in the final 9 games.

If they have any shot at the playoffs, the next 5 games will tell the tale. They have to win at least 4 of the 5. Winning tonight is a must. Then it gets real tough, on the road vs Rochester and the leafs. This is where I expect them to lose at least one. If they can win one then comes a huge 2 game series vs Clevland where you need to win both games but are at home where Laval has been much better then on the road.

Being 6 pts out but could be 7 due to ROW with 9 games is likely just too much. I'm just glad that the games at least mean something and they have a chance.

I agree, again. Even if they don't make it, the fact they found a way to get back into this spot is impressive. There is reason for them to be motivated and reason for us to get to experience this. It's the same way I feel about the Canadiens. Even if they miss the playoffs, as well, the fact we're seeing them in the battle this time of the year is fun.

AHL and NHL, it's the complete opposite from last year.

Reactions: montreal

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009

I disagree for Juulsen, I believe he could see some action before the end of the season. I don't think they would risk anything by playing him, it was an eye injury, if he's clear by the doctor, he could play with a cage whitout risking anything IMO.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Jake Evans is 9th in scoring among rookies in the AHL. He is also 4th in assists.

Cale Fleury is 14th in scoring and 6th in goals among rookie defensemen.

HabsDood

We're the best
Jun 30, 2008
Montreal
Jake Evans is 9th in scoring among rookies in the AHL. He is also 4th in assists.

Cale Fleury is 14th in scoring and 6th in goals among rookie defensemen.
Interesting.. Would be sweet to watch them make the playoffs, same for the big team..

Sais alot about the franchise, both on the fence.. Looking forward to get better.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Bad change by Laval that opened up a path for Binghamton to get in close for a goal, but LaCouvee comes out to challenge and makes the save. No rebound either as he swallowed the puck.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Interesting.. Would be sweet to watch them make the playoffs, same for the big team..

Sais alot about the franchise, both on the fence.. Looking forward to get better.

Big chance that both teams miss the playoffs. But just to be in this spot at this point in the season is good to see. Here's hoping that next year, both teams take the next step.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Vejdemo goes down after a body check where he looked like he got hit crookedly. He goes in the room to be checked out.

Not a dirty hit, but he got hit as he was in the motion of dumping the puck behind the net and he got hit.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Belzile went after Ramage after he hit him behind the net and then Ramage surely said something that ticked Belzile off.

Ramage is Rob Ramage's son.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Joel Bouchard in a heated conversation with the refs. Friolet, who is between the benches, says that Belzile said that Ramage challenged him to a fight, but as soon as Belzile dropped the gloves, Ramage didn't drop his.

As a result, Belzile is the only one penalized.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
D2tGwxjXgAAQCfp.jpg

Not Laval's best period considering the opponent tonight. Here's hoping Bouchard gives them a wake-up call during the intermission so they can take over this game.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

This sucks!

He did look a little out of it being helped off the ice. This could be a concussion. Here's hoping it's not and they're keeping him out of this game for precautionary reasons.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad