Post-Game Talk: {AHL} Belleville Senators vs. Laval Rocket (Laval Lose 4-3)

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
This is Laval's 100th Home Game! And most likely a sell-out.

EPlJW4AXUAExuw-.jpg

News & Notes

- Cayden Primeau gets the start.

- Cale Fleury was sent down to Laval earlier today. He will be in the line-up.

- Xavier Ouellet & Lukas Vejdemo will not play tonight or tomorrow due to injuries.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Ouellet Marcotte said was going to try to play tonight but perhaps Fleury being there they opted to give him some rest. He said neither injury is considered serious so Vejdemo should just be short term.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Finally Bouchard is putting Peca with Evans and Hudon, have ben calling for this since Peca was sent down, he didn't seem to work well with Varone Barber. Since being sent back down Peca has 1 assist in 5 games and that's it. We badly need him to pick it up. He's played well with Hudon before being called up.

A big test for Primeau who is 0-2-1 vs the sens and that was before they really got red hot. He's given up 13 goals in 77 shots, ouch.

3 goals on 32 shots
5 goals on 25 shots
5 goals on 20 shots

yet gives up 2 goals on 37 shots vs the NHL Sens.

Will likely have to watch this game on replay though as I plan on watching Harris/Struble and then Caufield, so it can't flip between 3 games. The hour difference between Harris/Struble and Caufield's start means i might get to see some of the 1st of the Laval game since it's a 7:30 start.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
The D parings,

Olofsson Folin
Leskinen Fleury
Alzner Brook

I would have put Fleury with Olofsson as Leskinen turns over the puck a bit too much, Folin would be a good partner for him.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
shots after 2 are Laval - 29 to 13. First 28 didn't go in, including 2 breakaways. Just not their night. It's been tough for Fleury who's been on the ice for all 3 goals against but has looked good on the PP.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I haven't been able to see the whole game due to flipping back and forth but I guess Bouchard is sending his players a message by having Pezzetta on the PP, not sure what it is but the only times i've seen Pezzetta on the PP is when they are up by a lot and he gives the grinders 30 seconds or so on the PP as a reward.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Varone makes it 4-3 on the PP after getting the puck lose from a mad scramble in front of the net. Lynch and Leskinen with the assists.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Evans just missed putting it home in the final seconds but no luck. They lose a tough one 4-3, shots were Laval - 43 to 17

They had so many chances to score but just came up short. They need to bounce back in a hurry as they are in a really tough part of their schedule with the division games. They can not afford to keep losing after being on a good run that saw them win 7 of their last 10, now they have dropped a couple in a row.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad