AHL Affiliate Thread - Send them the Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015

"hopes to have" and "in the coming weeks" doesn't sound like it's imminent to me.
Remember when we were supposed to hear something shortly after that May 8 (i think) meeting? ...a mere 2+ months ago...

Kid: "Are we there yet?"
Dad: "Any minute now!"
*2 hrs later, still technically "any minute"*
(repeat)

To Be Determined

Jun 22, 2006
does anyone expect the ahl to start up before 2021? i don't think there is any rush to get an ahl affiliate.

should we start up a rumor that dundon is holding out hope that the ahl 20-21 season is cancelled, so the financial strain on charlotte's ownership allows him to buy the checkers for pennies on the dollar? dundon so cheap lol sos pdq

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
does anyone expect the ahl to start up before 2021? i don't think there is any rush to get an ahl affiliate.

should we start up a rumor that dundon is holding out hope that the ahl 20-21 season is cancelled, so the financial strain on charlotte's ownership allows him to buy the checkers for pennies on the dollar? dundon so cheap lol sos pdq
I know a month or two ago in various interviews, the higher ups in the AHL mentioned they were modeling out various scenarios, including the possibility of starting up before the NHL if things improved. That largely seems unlikely on any kind of full/large scale at this point. I'd imagine around the time the NHL starts at best, if not later.

Granted, at the time, they mentioned they were also modeling out what to do if some areas could handle it and others couldn't, how they would handle smaller weekend tourneys and such until a real season started. So we might not want to miss out on the possibility of that type of thing should it happen. But who knows for certain if Chicago or Charlotte would be in a good situation to participate in that type of thing.

Reactions: hurricanesfan123

hurricanesfan123

May 1, 2019
North America
I know a month or two ago in various interviews, the higher ups in the AHL mentioned they were modeling out various scenarios, including the possibility of starting up before the NHL if things improved. That largely seems unlikely on any kind of full/large scale at this point. I'd imagine around the time the NHL starts at best, if not later.

Granted, at the time, they mentioned they were also modeling out what to do if some areas could handle it and others couldn't, how they would handle smaller weekend tourneys and such until a real season started. So we might not want to miss out on the possibility of that type of thing should it happen. But who knows for certain if Chicago or Charlotte would be in a good situation to participate in that type of thing.
interesting disappointing the checkers didn't work

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
I've started telling my daughter "5 minutes longer than the last time you asked."

It baffles her enough that she stops asking.

Only tangentially related story from my childhood, but I think it's hilarious.

Christmas morning when I was 3 I woke up way too early and stormed into my parents' room all excited for gifts. Trying to get a bit more sleep they said "we will wake up and open presents when that clock says "6, 4, 5".

Little did they know I'd spend the next hour excitedly announcing "NOW the clock says 5 3 1! NOW it says 5 3 2!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->