AHL Affiliate Thread - Send them the Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
The fact that it keeps dragging it makes me think we're more likely to stay in Charlotte. Seems like most suggest that it was all about negotiating and perhaps they're still working on the deal or waiting for the other side to give in.

Maybe they came to their senses and realized moving their minor-league operation out of state (In a market they really need to start captivating) is a foolish idea just to save a dollar?

Again, we can only hope. I'm not holding my breath but all reports were this thing was supposed to be done in mid-May, and then two weeks ago. So who really knows, only they do I guess.

CandyCanes

Caniac turned Jerkiac
Jan 8, 2015
Probably doesn’t mean much in the decision of the future baby Canes. But the Checkers COO is on the AHL’s return to play task force. So that’s something?

Edit: After reviewing this info graphic I see all AHL teams are listed with their NHL affiliate, the Checkers being the only one without an affiliate.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
not sure if this had made the rounds yet, but: Oliwer Kaski to the KHL

Yeah not at all surprising. Not going to make the jump to the show here, nothing left to prove on the A level, I'd probably be doing the same thing and taking a series of one year deals in the second best league in the world in hopes of getting a one way NHL deal eventually if I stood out enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad