AHL Affiliate Thread - Send them the Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
All losses in empty arenas will be recorded as wins, given that if there were observers it would alter the result.

(possibly my favorite futurama joke of all time is the professor at the racetrack, angry about the result)

One of two TV jokes I can think of that caused my wife (physics major) to fall off the couch laughing. Fantastic line out of nowhere.

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
One of two TV jokes I can think of that caused my wife (physics major) to fall off the couch laughing. Fantastic line out of nowhere.
Futurism was sneaky smart. The gag three minutes in here had me rolling the third time I watched the episode and actually caught the joke.

AD Skinner

Mar 18, 2009
bubble bath
My mother did something similar. She always said "forty minutes" no matter how far or close we were.
7K2w8hL.jpg

Reactions: poobags

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
The Swedish link in the Sellgren thread anticipated that NHL and AHL will probably be loaning their younger guys to SHL (and other Euro leagues), as the start of the seasons is postponed and possibly in question in NA.

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
Only tangentially related story from my childhood, but I think it's hilarious.

Christmas morning when I was 3 I woke up way too early and stormed into my parents' room all excited for gifts. Trying to get a bit more sleep they said "we will wake up and open presents when that clock says "6, 4, 5".

Little did they know I'd spend the next hour excitedly announcing "NOW the clock says 5 3 1! NOW it says 5 3 2!"

As I was reading this I thought 3 year old you would just wind the clock forward. Or is you of an age they had digital clocks during your rearing years?

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Panthers should move their affiliation to Atlanta, then someone relocate to Norfolk, and maybe upgrade the Solar Bears in Orlando to AHL, that way the Checkers can finally have some close-ish competition and the Canes don't have to leave Charlotte and pay all the travel fees to little dots on the map like Binghamton. The Wolves can go independent for all I care.

Seriously, Norfolk losing the Admirals hurt the Checkers. That was the closest opponent the first year, they relocate to Syracuse IIRC, and the Checkers get put into the Western Conference. #SouthernHockeyProblems

Reactions: Tryamw and DaveG
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad