GDT: AHL – Amerks vs Heat – Tue Dec 11 – 7:05PM ET

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
KfeAt.png
HeaBd.png

7qoXw.png
bAySA.png

AHL GDT: AMERKS (10-9-2) vs HEAT (14-4-5) – TUE DEC 11 – 7:05PM ET – AHL Live, WHTK-AM

12.08 – Rochester Amerks' rally falls short against Toronto Marlies (D&C – Kevin Oklobzija)

12.09 – Every game matters? Not for this organization (D&C – Kevin Oklobzija)

12.09 – Horak leads Abbotsford Heat past Toronto Marlies (Calgary Herald – Canadian Press)

12.10 – Rochester Amerks' Jonathan Parker works hard through tough year (D&C – Kevin Oklobzija)

dZujG.png
xevYz.png

ROCHESTER AMERICANS (Beat Coverage)

Tonight's Lineup

71 Marcus Foligno - 22 Phil Varone - 10 Brian Flynn
72 Luke Adam - 12 Kevin Porter (C) - 25 Mark Mancari (A)
74 Nick Tarnasky - 91 Frederick Roy - 29 Maxime Legault
28 Zemgus Girgensons - 92 Kevin Sundher - 24 Jonathan Parker

7 Brayden McNabb - 13 Mark Pysyk
3 TJ Brennan (A) - 4 Alex Biega
2 Joe Finley - 34 Jerome Gauthier-Leduc

33 David Leggio
49 Connor Knapp

Roster Notes

Nick Crawford, Cody Hodgson (hand), Matt MacKenzie (UBI), Evan Rankin (hand), Rick Schofield (hip), Drew Schiestel
and Corey Tropp (knee; season-ending) are scratched or out injured tonight for Rochester. Zemgus Girgensons (UBI)
and Nick Tarnasky (UBI) will make their returns from injury.

ABBOTSFORD HEAT (Beat Coverage)

NHL Affiliate & Notables

Calgary Flames: 15 Greg Nemisz, 20 Roman Horak, 29 TJ Brodie, 36 Michael Ferland, 47 Sven Baertschi.

Tonight's Lineup

25 Max Reinhart - 17 Ben Walter - 20 Roman Horak
9 Ben Street - 11 Quintin Lang (C) - 48 Brett Olson
19 Dustin Sylvester - 12 Paul Byron - 26 Tyler Ruegsegger
34 Carter Bancks - 7 Adam Estoclet - 15 Greg Nemisz

29 TJ Brodie - 16 Joe Callahan
6 Chris Breen - 41 Steve McCarthy (A)
4 Zach McKelvie - 43 Joe Piskula (A)

33 Barry Brust
30 Danny Taylor

Roster Notes

Akim Aliu, Sven Baertschi, Lance Bouma, David Eddy, Michael Ferland, Leland Irving, Krys Kolanos and Brady Lamb
were scratched or out injured Sunday for Abbotsford.​
NMdeZ.png
xevYz.png

A/V CLUB

12.07 – Highlights of Rochester's 3-1 win over Adirondack on Friday. <2:17>

12.08 – Highlights of Rochester's 4-3 loss in Toronto on Saturday. <6:00>

12.09 – Highlights of Abbotsford's 3-2 win in Toronto on Sunday. <6:00>

GAMEDAY CHAT

IRC Server: irc.esper.net – Channel: #sabres – FAQ: Sabres Chat

Last edited:

stokes84

Jun 30, 2008
Charleston, SC
Any word on Hodgson and/or Girgensons returning to the line-up? I've got a 10 game package for AHL livestream and dont want to use them unless they are playing. I thought they were getting close...

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
Any word on Hodgson and/or Girgensons returning to the line-up? I've got a 10 game package for AHL livestream and dont want to use them unless they are playing. I thought they were getting close...
Girgensons is probable, though he still needed medical clearance as of yesterday. Hodgson is out, as is Rankin.

Also, if opponents factor into your equation, Baertschi has been out with a neck injury for Abbotsford.

stokes84

Jun 30, 2008
Charleston, SC
Girgensons is probable, though he still needed medical clearance as of yesterday. Hodgson is out, as is Rankin.

Also, if opponents factor into your equation, Baertschi has been out with a neck injury for Abbotsford.

Cool, thanks for the info. You too UncleBenny. Baertschi being out definitely sucks. He's a player I've really been looking forward to watching.

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
Another Frederick of Hollywood article; and some Abbotsford game notes:
The Heat carry the lowest goals against per game in the AHL, allowing an average of less than two goals per game (1.96). Stellar goaltending has been a contributing factor, with Barry Brust and Danny Taylor ranking first and second in the league in goaltending statistics. The Heat penalty kill has been strong as well, currently ranking first in the league after negating 78-of-85 enemy man advantages (91.8%). Not least of all is the number of shots the Heat have allowed, with opponents unable to record more than 30 shots in a game since November 10th (12 games).
The Heat have faced some injuries of late, with Prince George native Ryan Howse earning a call-up from the Utah Grizzlies to bolster the forward ranks. Lance Bouma, David Eddy, Michael Ferland and Akim Aliu have been out long-term, while Sven Baertschi has been out for the last four games recovering from a neck injury. Ben Walter missed three games due to injury, but earned two assists as the Heat downed the Marlies on Sunday night. Walter played on a line with Max Reinhart (two goals in his last three games played) and Roman Horak (three goals, two assists in his last five games), who scored Sunday’s game-winning goal, his fourth game-winner of the season.

sabrefan27

Mar 9, 2004
Rochester, NY
IIRC, didn't they vastly outplay the Heat last time, but still lost? I seem to recall the Amerks outshooting them by a wide margin.
The Heat were clearly better, but it was a closer game than the records would have indicated. Knapp had a tough game.

UncleBenny

Nov 17, 2011
I thought the Heat looked beatable last meeting, we just didn't come through. If they actually show up tonight its going to be a much tougher game for us.

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
Not sure why but I have a good feeling about tonight- wishful thinking I guess...
Well, with Girgensons and Tarnasky returning to the lineup, Abbotsford now have more forwards out injured than us, so there's an opportunity there if we can crack their solid team defense.
IIRC, didn't they vastly outplay the Heat last time, but still lost? I seem to recall the Amerks outshooting them by a wide margin.

The Heat were clearly better, but it was a closer game than the records would have indicated. Knapp had a tough game.

I thought the Heat looked beatable last meeting, we just didn't come through. If they actually show up tonight its going to be a much tougher game for us.
I thought last game was very winnable despite Abbotsford playing their usual game, as we certainly had some chances; shots were nearly two-to-one in our favor and Foligno had that point-blank EN miss (paddle save IIRC) too. Abbotsford won out because they crashed the crease three times and potted each Knapp rebound, beating our defense to lose pucks. Finley was partially at fault on two (turnover, beat wide) as were JGL and Mancari (beaten to lose pucks IIRC). We weren't outplayed per se, but the Heat certainly capitalized when given the smallest of chances.

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
Tonight's lines are:
71 Marcus Foligno - 22 Phil Varone - 10 Brian Flynn
72 Luke Adam - 12 Kevin Porter (C) - 25 Mark Mancari (A)
74 Nick Tarnasky - 91 Frederick Roy - 29 Maxime Legault
28 Zemgus Girgensons - 92 Kevin Sundher - 24 Jonathan Parker

7 Brayden McNabb - 13 Mark Pysyk
3 TJ Brennan (A) - 4 Alex Biega
2 Joe Finley - 34 Jerome Gauthier-Leduc

33 David Leggio
49 Connor Knapp

Sundher used his speed well, probably his best period of work to date. Girgensons-Sundher-Parker were quite noticeable (when they were out there) in the first. Shots are 10-9 ABB.

The earlier post for ABB was by Estoclet and he couldn't bury the rebound either with Leggio scrambling. RCH PP had some pressure, but couldn't get any of their shots through.

Kevin O noted that Porter went off for repairs after taking a stick with 3:45 left.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->