GDT: AHL – Amerks at Griffins – Wed Dec 19 – 7:00PM ET

Rammstein816

Mar 16, 2009
You guys are in for a treat. You get to watch Nyquist and Tatar make 500000 fancy dangles and passes while in perfect scoring chances, including breakaways, instead of just shooting the puck!

As someone who doesn't follow Detroit prospects too closely, it feels like those two have been prospects for awhile now. I could look this up to see, but I'm feeling lazy at the moment.

Aug 6, 2012
As someone who doesn't follow Detroit prospects too closely, it feels like those two have been prospects for awhile now. I could look this up to see, but I'm feeling lazy at the moment.

This is Tatar's 4th year in the AHL but he's only 21, just started really early. Nyquist came out of college and this is his 2nd year in the AHL. They'd both be in Detroit if not for the lockout, kinda like some of the Sabres guys.

Rammstein816

Mar 16, 2009
This is Tatar's 4th year in the AHL but he's only 21, just started really early. Nyquist came out of college and this is his 2nd year in the AHL. They'd both be in Detroit if not for the lockout, kinda like some of the Sabres guys.

After posting, I remembered that I thought I heard that while visiting the main boards.

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
Curious decision to start Knapp tonight with a back-to-back this weekend against Bingo. Figured it'd be Leggio tonight with a split in the back-to-back. Now Rolston is going to play Leggio in both this weekend. Good to see the organization's coaches are both poor at handling netminders.

sabrefan27

Mar 9, 2004
Rochester, NY
Curious decision to start Knapp tonight with a back-to-back this weekend against Bingo. Figured it'd be Leggio tonight with a split in the back-to-back. Now Rolston is going to play Leggio in both this weekend. Good to see the organization's coaches are both poor at handling netminders.

Almost all of his decisions to start Knapp have been bad. A Friday night after a weeks rest. On a Saturday after he started the night before against a good Toronto team. He's even worse than Ruff handling the goalies. What a drop off from Dineen to Rolston.

Buffalo87

thehosers dot com
Mar 22, 2006
Rochester
The poster was speaking about right now for the Amerks at the AHL level. Offensive ability at the AHL level and offensive ability at the NHL level are not one in the same, so Rankin helps out the Amerks now more than Girgensons. I doubt anyone would debate that Rankin, an undrafted free agent on an AHL deal, has higher NHL upside than Girgensons, an NHL 1st round pick on an ELC.

You said:

I think he's talking about just this game in particular. You may be right on that, but let's not get ahead of ourselves.

in reference to the other poster saying Girgensons offensive potential is much higher than Rankin's.

I was just saying I don't think that's getting ahead of ourselves.

Rammstein816

Mar 16, 2009
You said:

in reference to the other poster saying Girgensons offensive potential is much higher than Rankin's.

I was just saying I don't think that's getting ahead of ourselves.

You are correct, bad choice of words on my part.

AmerksPuck

Nov 3, 2012
Not a surprising result. -3 night for Hodgson and several giveaways.. Foligno with 1 shot on goal.

Funny how you leave out the horrendous turnover that Girgensons had at the blue line on GR 2nd goal AFTER Hodgsons made an incredible defensive play.

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
Can't take two penalties in four minutes after you tie the game at 2. That's something bad teams do. They lost their momentum and gave it right back to the Griffs. Not surprisingly, GR scored the game-winner on the second PP.

Small sample size for Hodgson so far, but one AHL goal? Especially with the amount of PP time he gets, he has to do better. For a guy who potted almost 20 in the NHL as a 21-22 year old, no reason he shouldn't be on a 30-goal pace down in Rochester. Adam's turned his game around of late, it's time for Hodgson to start lighting the lamp, as well.

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
Ooof on that Girgensons turnover coming out of the zone. And I'm not sure what exactly McNabb was doing on that first goal, either.

Pretty sweet primary assists by Adam and Hodgson.

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
Regardless, Knapp wasn't the problem last night.
Funny how you leave out the horrendous turnover that Girgensons had at the blue line on GR 2nd goal AFTER Hodgsons made an incredible defensive play.
Well, that puck was on edge and still got into Hodgson's skates... just saying. :sarcasm:
Can't take two penalties in four minutes after you tie the game at 2. That's something bad teams do. They lost their momentum and gave it right back to the Griffs. Not surprisingly, GR scored the game-winner on the second PP.
This. And it won't be the last time they take bad penalties either.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->