Ahhh Crap... Broken Stick

GLG

Jan 10, 2011
Toronto, ON
last night during warmup for our 1st game of the Ball Hockey finals... I take a slapshot & bam!

My favorite stick snaps in half... Any suggestions for another stick since they don't make TITANs anymore :-(

Last edited:

ds4130

Jun 6, 2011
Mandalay, Myanmar
If you're playing ball hockey I'm going to assume you're playing outside. If that's the case, I wouldn't spend much on a 1 piece. I'd recommend a two piece with a crossover blade or a wood stick. I really like the Sherwood's.

GLG

Jan 10, 2011
Toronto, ON
If you're playing ball hockey I'm going to assume you're playing outside. If that's the case, I wouldn't spend much on a 1 piece. I'd recommend a two piece with a crossover blade or a wood stick. I really like the Sherwood's.

I play in a Men's Ball Hockey League which is played indooors, in a hockey rink. Basically on the arena floor.
Watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISXHwsbWpQY

I'm thinking of picking up a RBK shaft so I can keep using the blade. Alot of the guys on my team use one-piece sticks including myself. We tape the blade and wax the bottom so it slides well on the concrete floor.

I'm just pissed cause I won the scoring title with that stick a few years ago and LOVE it (perfect balance and great feel).

Time to get over the stick for now as we have to get PUMPED for our championship game tomorrow night, unless I find a shaft online today ;-)

GLG

Jan 10, 2011
Toronto, ON
Just glue it back together and slap it on the wall.

For the stick, I'd probably just get another woodie if you like them. Otherwise a really heavy shaft and a wood blade.

TITAN ASD 10000 is a composite shaft with a wood blade! It's like the one GILMOUR used in the 90's with the Leafs ;-)

ds4130

Jun 6, 2011
Mandalay, Myanmar
Is that a wood stick? I'm interested in a shaft/blade combo or 1-piece

I have three 2-piece sticks. A Bauer Total One shaft with an Easton RS blade (Heatley pattern) and an Warrior Dolomite. The Warrior came as a one piece but it's technically a blade fused into a shaft. I use both of those for ice and indoor roller with plastic tile. My other two piece is a Bauer Supreme One30. I have a wooden crossover blade. I use it only for outdoor where I play on blacktop. It's heavier and not as balanced as my other 2-piece sticks but this thing has been through hell and doesn't show any signs of breaking anytime soon. I probably wont get another 1-piece for a long time because a shaft and blade combo will be cheaper and you can try many different blade combos. I also don't notice a difference in performance between a 1 and 2 piece combo.

hockeymass

Feb 13, 2012
I would try to pick up a high end shaft on closeout and throw an ABS blade in it. I'd be concerned that concrete would wear out an OPS fairly quickly, especially a lowend one.

Jarick

Doing Nothing
If you throw an ABS blade in a high end shaft, it's going to be incredibly unbalanced because the blade is so heavy and the shaft so light weight.

I'm finding more and more that balance is the next most important thing after flex when buying a stick. Not overall weight or construction, but feeling light and balanced.

GLG

Jan 10, 2011
Toronto, ON
I would try to pick up a high end shaft on closeout and throw an ABS blade in it. I'd be concerned that concrete would wear out an OPS fairly quickly, especially a lowend one.

1-Piece blades hold up very well on the arena floor believe it or not... thanks for the suggestions fellas!

AIREAYE

Jun 7, 2009

This is the case most of the time.
Is that a wood stick? I'm interested in a shaft/blade combo or 1-piece

No I just said it's ABS in a composite (fibreglass) shaft pre fused

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad