Waived: Agostino on Waivers (Claimed by New Jersey)

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Not sure what games in which they outplayed other teams 4th lines. Maybe against basement dwellers? The Leafs 4th line just completely destroyed them. They are not good. Chaput and Agostino are not NHLers.
Agostino is an NHLer ..... but not on a contending team.

Reactions: le_sean

Harry Kakalovich

Sep 26, 2002
Montreal
Not sure what games in which they outplayed other teams 4th lines. Maybe against basement dwellers? The Leafs 4th line just completely destroyed them. They are not good. Chaput and Agostino are not NHLers.
Agostino just got claimed on waivers which pretty much proves he is an NHLer, ATM. Agostino had the 5th or 6th best Corsi on the Habs, it's not like it was a mystery, for a good long stretch the Habs 4th line was winning the 4th line battle. He wasn't playing v the Leafs so obviously he didn't have anything to do with that game. Hudon and Peca have the 2 lowest Corsis on the Habs.

Harry Kakalovich

Sep 26, 2002
Montreal
Agostino did not have a point playing on the fourth line since December 15th.
For sure his play tailed off, but he also hasn't been in the lineup much since the All-Star break. I think he has only suited up in 1 game? It's obviously not possible to get points in games you're not playing in. He's not an all-star, but I prefer him to the other 4th-line options, although I would keep Peca and Chaput ahead of him because they are centers.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Agostino just got claimed on waivers which pretty much proves he is an NHLer, ATM. Agostino had the 5th or 6th best Corsi on the Habs, it's not like it was a mystery, for a good long stretch the Habs 4th line was winning the 4th line battle. He wasn't playing v the Leafs so obviously he didn't have anything to do with that game. Hudon and Peca have the 2 lowest Corsis on the Habs.

He has a better Corsi than Domi. Guess we should have put Max on waivers instead.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Going to miss his inability to pass the puck, make timely turnovers and cough it up under pressure.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Peca hasn't worked out the way MB wanted and had to pray he did once the blunder on salary was made.

I would have preferred a fourth line of Byron-DeLaRose-Weise with Deslauriers and Hudon as spare forwards, and Agostino, Chaput and Peca in Laval ready to come up in case of injury. Add McCarron if he had not been hurt. In fact, even Scherbak could have been reclaimed. Alas, the GM did not play things that way.

Harry Kakalovich

Sep 26, 2002
Montreal
He has a better Corsi than Domi. Guess we should have put Max on waivers instead.
I'm just providing statistical arguments to back my claims. You say he is not an NHLer but you are clearly incorrect. Kenny Agostino has played well this year (although his play had tailed off somewhat of late) and will now be playing with another organization, who claimed him on waivers. It just sucks for the Habs to have lost so much forward depth.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
I'm just providing statistical arguments to back my claims. You say he is not an NHLer but you are clearly incorrect. Kenny Agostino has played well this year (although his play had tailed off somewhat of late) and will now be playing with another organization, who claimed him on waivers. It just sucks for the Habs to have lost so much forward depth.

He’s not an NHLer. He’s 26 years old and has 58 total NHL games with 4 different organizations. So clearly no one, not even NHL teams, think he’s an NHLer.

And you didn’t provide statistical arguments. You used Corsi as some type of justification and I showed you it’s a nonsense stat unless you want to believe Kulak is better than Weber.

Harry Kakalovich

Sep 26, 2002
Montreal
Peca hasn't worked out the way MB wanted and had to pray he did once the blunder on salary was made.

I would have preferred a fourth line of Byron-DeLaRose-Weise with Deslauriers and Hudon as spare forwards, and Agostino, Chaput and Peca in Laval ready to come up in case of injury. Add McCarron if he had not been hurt. In fact, even Scherbak could have been reclaimed. Alas, the GM did not play things that way.
No Scherbak could have been reclaimed but he would to have to have played in the NHL.

Peca I like still, but he is a bit frustrating. For sure he would have been claimed though had the Habs sent him to the AHL. DLR I liked, but ultimately I don't think he is good at C.

Things have not worked out for the best in terms of the Habs depth forwards. Definitely I wish that the Habs still had DLR and Agostino. Hopefully the Habs can replace them by the TDL for relatively cheap.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
No Scherbak could have been reclaimed but he would to have to have played in the NHL.

Peca I like still, but he is a bit frustrating. For sure he would have been claimed though had the Habs sent him to the AHL. DLR I liked, but ultimately I don't think he is good at C.

Things have not worked out for the best in terms of the Habs depth forwards. Definitely I wish that the Habs still had DLR and Agostino. Hopefully the Habs can replace them by the TDL for relatively cheap.

Scherbak would have had to be waived again, but since no one claimed him when LA sent him down, no one would have claimed him if we did either.

Absolutely no one would have claimed Peca given the salary gaffe that was made.

Harry Kakalovich

Sep 26, 2002
Montreal
He’s not an NHLer. He’s 26 years old and has 58 total NHL games with 4 different organizations. So clearly no one, not even NHL teams, think he’s an NHLer.

And you didn’t provide statistical arguments. You used Corsi as some type of justification and I showed you it’s a nonsense stat unless you want to believe Kulak is better than Weber.
That's moronic. He just got claimed by an NHL team to play in the NHL. What does his age have to do with anything? How is it that you decide who is and isn't an NHLer?

Reactions: HBK27

Harry Kakalovich

Sep 26, 2002
Montreal
Scherbak would have had to be waived again, but since no one claimed him when LA sent him down, no one would have claimed him if we did either.
Well if the Habs didn't keep him on the roster for a month, the Kings could have reclaimed him and then he would have been waiver exempt for the rest of the season.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
That's moronic. He just got claimed by an NHL team to play in the NHL. What does his age have to do with anything? How is it that you decide who is and isn't an NHLer?

They are the 3rd worst team in the league so you think that’s enough evidence that he should be regularly playing for a team fighting for the playoffs?

Harry Kakalovich

Sep 26, 2002
Montreal
They are the 3rd worst team in the league so you think that’s enough evidence that he should be regularly playing for a team fighting for the playoffs?
I think it's better evidence than your claim that he's not an NHLer based on the contradictory fact that he is playing in the NHL.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
I think it's better evidence than your claim that he's not an NHLer based on the contradictory fact that he is playing in the NHL.

I guess Drouin is a 1st line centre because the Habs played him as one last season.

This is f***ing pointless. Debating the quality of AHL fodder. His 5th organization in 5 seasons. 273 AHL games vs. 58 NHL games. Yeah, definitely an NHL player. Get a clue.

Harry Kakalovich

Sep 26, 2002
Montreal
OK, I think you're right. If LA told Bergevin that was what they were going to do, it might explain why we did not claim him.
Yeah, LA waited just past one month and then sent him down. They knew what they were doing. Hopefully it's no big loss, but LA will get to have him at training camp next year, and maybe he will have a good off-season.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Well Agostino was not signed past this year, how many roster spots do you think the Habs need?
We currently are only using 42 contract slots, with 3 signed for next year (Suzuki, Brook and Teasdale).

That would make 45, but we are probably losing Jordie Benn, and maybe Chris Folin too, but let's say we keep one of them or replace them by another vet. So down to 44.

If we don't resign Niemi, we will still sign a 4th goaltender so no saving there.

There are RFAs we may not qualify. Out of the seven of Hudon, McCarron, Shinkaruk, Audette, Ouellett, Olofsson, Lernout, we will probably bring back maximum four, so down to 41.

Add Poehling if we are lucky and say Walford and Tyszka (even if these two go to the ECHL), and we are back at 44. If Ylonen or Ikonen come over, that's 45.

No problems.

Reactions: Harry Kakalovich

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Yeah, LA waited just past one month and then sent him down. They knew what they were doing. Hopefully it's no big loss, but LA will get to have him at training camp next year, and maybe he will have a good off-season.

1 goal in 12 AHL games for them, 2 in 20 games all together. I foresee him bolting to the KHL.

Harry Kakalovich

Sep 26, 2002
Montreal
I guess Drouin is a 1st line centre because the Habs played him as one last season.

This is ****ing pointless. Debating the quality of AHL fodder. His 5th organization in 5 seasons. 273 AHL games vs. 58 NHL games. Yeah, definitely an NHL player. Get a clue.

He was not pointless - he had 11 points in 36 games. Honestly do you even follow the Canadiens?

Johnny Boychuk played 5 full AHL seasons before becoming an NHL regular, does that mean he's not an NHLer? Come on now. We'll see where Kenny Agostino ends up, but making all these claims like he is not an NHLer as if they are facts is just silly. He is what he is. He's a bubble 4th liner. For now. He's a depth forward. Where he ends up in his career is to be determined. Accept the mystery.

Reactions: HKbleu

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Huge loss.....for Laval. Other than that....bye bye.

But if people thought Laval had a slim chance making the playoffs, that's done.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad