TSN: Agent: Borowiecki set to test free agency

BinCookin

Feb 15, 2012
London, ON
Borowiecki may not have any offense, but you better keep your head up when he is on the ice. He is dangerous out there. And that is worth something to teams that have very little grit. And any team that has not been doing well in the playoffs due to "soft play" would be worth their time to pay him 1.75M as their 6th D.

I know its not popular to pay anyone near the bottom of a roster. But imagine a tough team already adding this guy?? Im thinking he would be a good fit in Toronto, Boston, Winnipeg, Vancouver.

Reactions: TeamRenzo and bert

TeamRenzo

Jul 20, 2009
I am a big fan of Boro, he's a quality guy that will do anything for his team. I was hoping the Sens would re-sign him, we need someone to help steer the ship and keep all the rookies in line.

Reactions: bert

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
Borowiecki is ideal for the Jets! We are a fairly small soft defense. Cap room and a good chance to win with.
Boro is a small piece that would help the Jets win. A much bigger need would be to sign a much better Dman that can skate and move the puck.

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
look Boro is a great guy, a great teammate, great in the community.
He is at best a 6th defenceman, should be the 6/7 on a good team & the idea that he “worked on his shot this year and it showed it completely ridiculous.” I mean he’s 31 years old, are you suggesting he’s never worked on his shot in the thousands of hours he’s been a pro?!?!
He had a fluke year, his shooting % is a massive outlier compared to his entire career where 1 goal per year is about the average.
Exactly! He's a good guy but a below average hockey player. He wants one last multi year contract to set himself up for retirement. Can't blame him but that does not fit into the Senators timelines.

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
look Boro is a great guy, a great teammate, great in the community.
He is at best a 6th defenceman, should be the 6/7 on a good team & the idea that he “worked on his shot this year and it showed it completely ridiculous.” I mean he’s 31 years old, are you suggesting he’s never worked on his shot in the thousands of hours he’s been a pro?!?!
He had a fluke year, his shooting % is a massive outlier compared to his entire career where 1 goal per year is about the average.

Mark Borowiecki - Working on my shot, over the summer is paying off

From the horse's mouth, heard the same thing from on-ice staff.

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
Borowiecki is ideal for the Jets! We are a fairly small soft defense. Cap room and a good chance to win with.
I could see chevy being all over this. We haven't had a true "Mark Stuart" since, well... Mark Stuart

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
I'd honestly be very interested in getting him and pairing him with Dermott in the bottom pairing.

Rielly still needs a partner at the top, but Dermott - Boro would be a very decent bottom pairing.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Borowiecki may not have any offense, but you better keep your head up when he is on the ice. He is dangerous out there. And that is worth something to teams that have very little grit. And any team that has not been doing well in the playoffs due to "soft play" would be worth their time to pay him 1.75M as their 6th D.

I know its not popular to pay anyone near the bottom of a roster. But imagine a tough team already adding this guy?? Im thinking he would be a good fit in Toronto, Boston, Winnipeg, Vancouver.

You then need the rest of your team to be good enough to make the playoffs because you're icing a sub NHLer regularly.

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
I'd guess he gets a 3-year deal with a ≤$2 million AAV.
I get the feeling he'll be getting more. I think Ottawa would have brought him back for that. This could be a mistake signing coming up for some team.

We'll see soon enough.

Toronto makebeleifs

Jul 4, 2014
Honestly, would not mind him as a 6/7 on the leafs. The team has offence and if they get priced out of a run at gudas Boro would be a decent low cost alternative. I mean, anyone but marincin is a substantial upgrade. If he comes in at <2m aav over 2-3 yrs I'd be pretty happy with that

13to40

Feb 29, 2016
Montreal
Looking north of the border, Toronto/Winnipeg would be the perfect landing spot for him. Old school hard nosed player for two defensively soft teams. Toronto could benefit from his leadership skills as well.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
This guy would add some physicality low risk high reward type of deal.

the leafs need to play their young guys. if boro was an rd maybe he could play a bit on the 3rd pair but yeah Muzzin,Rielly,Dermott,Sandin,Lehtonen....

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Dont get the hate ,guy does all the nasty stuff bottom pairing guys should do...He would be a solid add for many teams in the league TBH

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->