TSN: Agent: Borowiecki set to test free agency

FrozenJagrt

Dec 16, 2009
He should go to philly and be around his twinView attachment 366799 View attachment 366800
93a3e3b42af47f4bd342bca652a0ca74.jpg

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I guess this means Melnyk is out :sarcasm:

For those who don't get it he was Melnyk's snitch. He's good value to Melnyk.

But in all seriousness if he is going to go elsewhere it's a bottomfeeder that's either desperate for D, or they're desperate for D but have no cap space but he happens to fit the bill. If I had to guess I'd say either the Coyotes, Devils, Ducks or Golden Knights.

But I also like to think Melynk is too cheap to sign Borowiecki. :laugh:

Golden Knights are FAR from a bottom feeder

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
If he plays like he did last year then he will actually be an underrated pickup for whoever gets him as long as you dont give him too much term you will be fine

Reactions: bert

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
Pretty big waste of time for the athletic to publish that about a number 7 middle of the pack enforcer d.

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002
Boro has played like an impactful bottom pairing defenceman in the past two seasons, incidentally the worst two seasons since expansion day Sens with the mass liquidation of on ice talent to save El Cheapo Melnyk some money.

For a contending team, he can play the perfect 7th defenceman role, on a team like Ottawa he can play the role of a mentor who leads by example. He leaves it all out on ice and has had a career year in offence. He worked on his shooting and it showed this year. Boro is as physical a player as there is in the league. He blocks shots and punches with his face, while he is a perennial hits/game leader in the league.

There is a lot of mileage on this guy. Hence a fair contract for him is tricky. I can see him get a $2M per year for 3 years, or a $2.5M per year for 2 years type contract - mostly because of the tangibles and the intangible he brings on/off ice to go along with his 7 goals this years (the classic "what have you done for me lately" NHL GM mentality have the tendency to make short-sighted decisions on recency bias). I can even see a team paying him higher, though that would be foolish.

look Boro is a great guy, a great teammate, great in the community.
He is at best a 6th defenceman, should be the 6/7 on a good team & the idea that he “worked on his shot this year and it showed it completely ridiculous.” I mean he’s 31 years old, are you suggesting he’s never worked on his shot in the thousands of hours he’s been a pro?!?!
He had a fluke year, his shooting % is a massive outlier compared to his entire career where 1 goal per year is about the average.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->